The Sewing Place

Materials for bra making

UttaRetch

Re: Materials for bra making
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2017, 09:04:53 AM »
M&S do their sizing, so don't buy your usual thinking it will fit. 

Sewbee

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2017, 09:09:32 AM »
M&S do their sizing, so don't buy your usual thinking it will fit.

Thanks for that, Utta, I have yet to translate my American bra size into UK anyway

UttaRetch

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2017, 20:16:07 PM »
Best advice is to be fitted.  I am a consistent 32F across several brands but after squeezing into M&S's, I was in no mood to try any other sizes.

Seapebbles

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2018, 20:21:17 PM »
@BrendaP I see you have a whole line up of bras in the gallery!  They are gorgeous  :loveit:

Francesca

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2018, 21:20:05 PM »
Best advice is to be fitted.  I am a consistent 32F across several brands but after squeezing into M&S's, I was in no mood to try any other sizes.

Being fitted anywhere (not just M&S), in my opinion, is not a good idea at all. Most places that fit you have a stake in getting your size to align with their product. If you're just at the swap between a readily-available cup size and a rarer one, they're going to put you in the one that they sell in more variations.

I strongly recommend people who want a better idea of their size to visit A Bra That Fits and do your own measurements using their calculator. Also use their advice to find out what breast shape and roots you have. These are not things that most places will bother with but they are important to getting the right fit (whereas some shops have shapes that work best for only one type of breast shape or root, so they won't tell you something that is contrary to their product).

I am a 40FF, wide roots, even fullness  0_0 This means I can tell what is more likely to fit me and also get a better overview of product available. The site linked above is great for asking for advice once you know your size and shape and every time I've been recommended a particular bra based on my shape I've found it to be good.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 21:22:20 PM by Francesca »