The Sewing Place

New project fair isle. Update

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: New project fair isle. Update
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2022, 18:57:51 PM »
That looks a nice design.  I'll be interested in the machine knit bit too.

Flobear

« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2022, 20:01:14 PM »
I've downloaded and printed the sheep pulli. Will put it away until knitting season restarts in September. Couldn't believe it was free!
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Celia

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2022, 09:30:43 AM »
It is well on its way, this photo is from a while ago I have now finished all of the sheep but have decided to continue knitting this one by hand, mainly due to the construction, the sleeves would have been difficult to do flat.  I am considering another similar jumper as I have loved knitting it and I might try that knitted from the bottom up, on which case I will try the combined machine/ hand knit.

Ann

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2022, 16:11:29 PM »
The sheep pullover is gorgeous and I've printed it out. May have to knit this one as I made one for the dolls.

Truthfully I would love a pullover like this as we do get days I would love to wear a sweater outside when it's chilly but not real cold.
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

b15erk

« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2022, 13:43:10 PM »
Love those sheep!  Unfortunately, fair isle and I don't get on.

Tried it, and made a terrible tangle...

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Celia

« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2022, 13:48:24 PM »
@Ann your doll looks great, you would do a brilliant job of the big one I am sure

Ann

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2022, 10:38:56 AM »
@Celia, in the fall I'm thinking. I have to find the yarn I want to use or order it in. It will be completely hand knit if I make it.
Stash Busting 2023
Goal: 50 metres

Celia

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2022, 13:17:54 PM »
I think mine will be all hand knitted this time @Ann, hope you find the right yarn, I am using Drops Lima and so far I do like it.

toileandtrouble

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2022, 13:23:20 PM »
I got this pattern when @Celia mentioned it, I love sheep.  Wish you hadn't shown me the doll version @Ann , I don't want to be distracted at the moment!
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Celia

« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2022, 10:59:49 AM »
Just finished knitting the back and front so can try on, it fits but it’s not the style I wanted it is much more fitted and the neck is a bit too high, I have been thinking all night about what to do and am considering unpicking it back to the yoke and increasing the number of stitches and knit down again.

I may not have enough yarn so might have to incorporate stripes I have lots of the blue.

@Bodgeitandscarper i think if I do I will reknit on the machine so watch this space :laughing:

I am hoping if I make the body looser and longer I can live with the neck. 

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2022, 18:25:38 PM »
Watching and waiting  0_0

Celia

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2022, 09:16:46 AM »
Here is a picture of how bad it was and now after yesterday I have unpicked it and am starting again but I am going to only use one colour I think, the lighter grey/blue has too much of a purple tone to it in certain lights. 

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2022, 09:28:51 AM »
I think I'd reverse the colours and have the lighter colour at the neck and the darker blue for the body.  The rib looks quite tight at the neck , could you undo that and knit it on bigger needles?

Celia

« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2022, 13:34:20 PM »
Yes that’s an idea but I was trying to get away with not unpicking all of it. We will see

Ploshkin

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2022, 13:57:58 PM »
I love the sheep design but agree about the neck.  I can't stand high or tight necks on anything but especially knitwear.  I think that yoke lends itself to a nice, fairly open neck anyway.
Life's too short for ironing.