The Sewing Place

FOR SALE Toy Vintage Sewing Machines

Sewcycle

Re: FOR SALE Toy Vintage Sewing Machines
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2022, 12:45:45 PM »
Wow - these are great. What a lovely collection. I only have mine which is the red Vulcan - the more old fashioned and substantial one. In fact it’s my avatar! I wish I had room for some more but sadly I don’t even have room for what I’ve got! It’s really interesting to see all the little toy Vulcan machines in a group. Are the ones in the cabinet Singers? I missed a lovely beige Singer which I bought on eBay but which the seller dropped and broke before sending it to me
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 12:49:25 PM by Sewcycle »
'Is there a life before breakfast'

Tamnymore

« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2022, 13:15:56 PM »
Ooooh aren't these lovely. Yes, I think you will get a good price for them on fleabay!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

jk1066

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2022, 18:36:35 PM »
On the subject of toy sewing machines. I have one (singer 40k) and the problem I have is sourcing the correct needle for it. Apparently it originally had a 23x1 but they are now obsolete and it can work with a 24x1 needle. However there seems to be nowhere in the uk that stocks the 24x1 and the one place I found online said out of stock .Sending for them to USA costs a fortune but is there any other alternatives that anyone knows of? The needles I need are called 24x1 and DHx1. A real shame as I want to get this little machine working to let my little granddaughter have a go.

Lilian

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2022, 19:13:56 PM »
On the subject of toy sewing machines. I have one (singer 40k) and the problem I have is sourcing the correct needle for it. Apparently it originally had a 23x1 but they are now obsolete and it can work with a 24x1 needle. However there seems to be nowhere in the uk that stocks the 24x1 and the one place I found online said out of stock .Sending for them to USA costs a fortune but is there any other alternatives that anyone knows of? The needles I need are called 24x1 and DHx1. A real shame as I want to get this little machine working to let my little granddaughter have a go.

Have you looked for any fb sites for these machines?  There are many that order from USA in bulk. You might find someone can get the size you are looking for.
Willing but not always able :)

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2022, 19:25:50 PM »
@jk1066 Are these the ones - linky.

jk1066

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2022, 19:56:42 PM »
Thanks for replying - I may have to be patient re the needles but last resort is send for them from the USA but which buyer should I go for - there are a couple and also I expect there must be somewhere in the EU that sells needles