The Sewing Place

Butterick pattern sale 50% off - Sewdirect

Sewcycle

Butterick pattern sale 50% off - Sewdirect
« on: January 15, 2022, 11:55:39 AM »
I expect everyone has had the email, as I have, but just in case, Sewdirect are having one of their pattern sales on Butterick. 50% off and postage is about £1.50 I think. They definitely seem to be looking at the more mature sewer judging from the pattern styles, but lots of lovely dresses, and three patterns for culottes, as well as the Katherine Tilton, Palmer Pletsch and Lisette lines. It’s a bit lacking in pizazz but very useful patterns.
'Is there a life before breakfast'

Surest1tch

Re: Butterick pattern sale 50% off - Sewdirect
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2022, 17:27:01 PM »
There are some nice patterns on sale, I agree they do seem to be directed at the more mature lady but as I fit into that category

Gernella

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2022, 18:57:38 PM »
I'd just bought one cheap on Ebay, but it's still worked out cheaper because of free delivery.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Tamnymore

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2022, 19:30:37 PM »
I'll just slip this into this thread but also look out for much reduced Kwik Sew patterns - for instance, Minerva has Kwik Sew at about a quarter of the original price .This will be because the brand has been phased out. It's a pity as they had some nice craft patterns.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2022, 19:53:24 PM by Tamnymore »
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Sewcycle

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2022, 14:26:54 PM »
@Surest1tch - Me too  :D - it was just that I thought they used to be a bit more varied. I’m sure they are consolidating patterns under a specific brand more than they used to, but I suppose that makes good business sense.

Sewcycle

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2022, 14:42:55 PM »
I'll just slip this into this thread but also look out for much reduced Kwik Sew patterns - for instance, Minerva has Kwik Sew at about a quarter of the original price .This will be because the brand has been phased out. It's a pity as they had some nice craft patterns.

Thanks @Tamnymore. They do seem to have a lot of craft patterns and some clothes too though not as many as they used to have. However the postage on Minerva is quite high for a single pattern…about £2.99 I think?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 14:45:02 PM by Sewcycle »

Sewcycle

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2022, 14:46:54 PM »
I'd just bought one cheap on Ebay, but it's still worked out cheaper because of free delivery.
Yes, I do this a lot too. The postage costs are too high on some of these, and they don’t often have free postage days as they used to have. If you only want one or two patterns it’s a bit of a disincentive.