The Sewing Place

Thinking of making a hoodie/sweatshirt

Cazlyn

Thinking of making a hoodie/sweatshirt
« on: January 17, 2022, 19:33:51 PM »
I’m thinking to trying to make myself a hoodie and wondered if anyone had any suggestions of where I should get the fabric from online.  Thanks.
Crafting is my happy place

Ellabella

Re: Thinking of making a hoodie/sweatshirt
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2022, 19:58:06 PM »
If yourself looking for a basic sweatshirt fabric I was impressed with
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/183982479061?hash=item2ad635d6d5:g:XBgAAOSwFJlg2vmh

I’ve not yet sewn it up but there is 3m of navy waiting to be used.

I got a sample and washed it and there was some shrinkage but the reverse feels much more snuggly after washing.

Lachica

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2022, 20:13:35 PM »
I'd use French Terry, 95% cotton 5% Lycra. I've used The Little Fabric Company & Dragonfly Fabrics both of whom advertise on FB and have websites. They have plain as well as patterned & also sell coordinating rib. Several times I've asked then to suggest a coordinating plain fabric for one of their patterned designs & not been disappointed. Quality is good & they deliver quickly.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Ouryve

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2022, 23:49:20 PM »
I have some lovely French terry and sweatshirt ING from dragonfly waiting to be made into cashmerette stanton hoodies.

And matching joggers. My go to is TATB Stella Joggers but I might seek out another pattern. Needs to be not low cut in the waist but slim legged.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Cazlyn

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2022, 08:06:08 AM »
Thanks all I’ll look at suggested websites xx
Crafting is my happy place