Crochet Hooks

Celia

Re: Crochet Hooks
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2022, 09:37:17 AM »
@Acorn you know the answer to that one…… you need more than one set :laughing: 

Missie

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2022, 10:03:49 AM »
Why use Amazon?  We have some fantastic suppliers of our own.  My go-to for all woolly things are Wool Warehouse.   They have a great range, great service and all their stuff comes nicely packaged in an organza bag that you can keep your project in whilst you are doing it.  They are prompt too.  I've also used Deramores who are also good.

I quite like a bamboo hook, but my most recent one was one with an ergonomic handle but I can't remember who that was by.

Acorn

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2022, 10:25:11 AM »
I used Snufflebean Yarns.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Acorn

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2022, 10:27:41 AM »
@Celia Absolutely!  Of course with crochet you can just switch hooks easily whenever you want to.   :laughing:

maliw

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2022, 15:00:12 PM »
I bought a set with rubber handles - now no longer available, in 2018. I find it difficult to use the all metal or plain bamboo hooks now. good luck with yours I'm sure that you'll make the right choice for you.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

justpottering

« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2022, 20:37:20 PM »
I have a full set of crochet hooks in a case, all metal, had them forever and although I’ve tried handled ones in various guises I can’t get on with them but that’s probably more to do with me than them  0_0
I like familiar
JP
Dressmaker - but first......tea

Acorn

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2022, 21:07:49 PM »
I am completely converted to the hooks with shaped soft handles.  I'm using a Clover one for the current project, but I also bought a Knitpro one in a different size so that I could compare them, and I suspect I will like them both equally when I have the chance to test the Knitpro one.

I'm really enjoying making this (small) blanket, which is really a sampler to teach me more crochet than I have done before.  I had done the usual double, treble, half trebles etc in both fine cotton and knitting wool, but now I've made bobbles and clusters and all sorts of things.   0_0

I may or may not have bought a load of balls of Drops Cotton Light in lovely soft colours for a future project.   :)

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2022, 21:37:36 PM »
So glad you like the Clover ones @Acorn.  Always a worry when you recommend something.