The Sewing Place

Border or no border?

Ploshkin

Re: Border or no border?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2022, 14:10:02 PM »
@Iminei when you do your wide binding how much seam allowance do you have on the binding bit and on the quilt?
What I'm getting at is whether or not the binding, when folded over, is filled with quilt.

Life's too short for ironing.

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2022, 17:41:13 PM »
@Iminei when you do your wide binding how much seam allowance do you have on the binding bit and on the quilt?
What I'm getting at is whether or not the binding, when folded over, is filled with quilt.

I think they look better if they are filled completely. It keeps them consistent with the body of the quilt.
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Iminei

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2022, 17:47:55 PM »
Mmmmnn Not quite sure what you mean ...
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Flobear

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2022, 18:07:31 PM »
@Ploshkin  I asked Imi the same question but face to face so it was easier to point and gesture. If you want it filled with wadding while not losing any of your work so far, the only way, I believe, is to add some extra wadding around the edge which might be a problem. You would have needed to anticipate this eventuality and cut the wadding that much bigger than the patchwork bit.

It was for my one and only so far quilt which was the qayg BOM from 2020. However, I'm very happy with the narrow binding and the flange, as it goes.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 18:09:03 PM by Flobear »
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!