The Sewing Place

Pants made McCalls 6440

Fabric Lover

Pants made McCalls 6440
« on: June 12, 2017, 10:32:07 AM »
Made these pants more as a wearable toile really, but I don't think I'll use it for the fabric I had in mind now. There is a seam down the back, as well as side seams, I thought I would try it out but I do think it's a bit odd. Reasonably happy with them though - they will come in useful as they're quite lightweight.
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)

Mozzy

Re: Pants made McCalls 6440
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 15:59:48 PM »
The fit looks good.  They look similar to some I've made with a Burda pattern, lightweight fabric from stash, from Immanuels in Burnley a few years ago. 

The Burda ones don't have a seam down the back though, and in wanting to get them finished quickly I managed to put the zip at the rh side rather than the left and it'll confuse me every time I start putting them on, I suspect.  :o

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 18:36:05 PM »
Oh dear.  When I first read this I thought    'Well don't all pants have a seam down the back....crutch seam'.   :o.  Having looked at the photos I see what you mean.  Duh!  They look quite a nice fit. And the seam means you can fine tune it if you need to.  Sandra Betzina had a pattern like this.   Don't know if it is still current.

Fabric Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 20:31:12 PM »
Thanks both, I am pleased with the fit, but the back seam feels a bit odd. I guess I could make another single pattern piece out of the two existing back pieces to make them again. But I don't know if I like the enough to make again.  :[
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)