The Sewing Place

Embroidery threads

realale

Embroidery threads
« on: January 20, 2022, 15:41:44 PM »
I have surplus embroidery threads, part of a lot bought from auction. Some are used, some are brand new. Variety of manufacturers but all are reliable brands, the auction was an embroidery company that had sadly closed down.
I only want £1 for 5000m cones, 50p for 1000m cones, well used cones just 25p!! plus postage (£3.20 small parcel).
Most colours are available. I sent about 30 x 1000 cones for £3.20 so the more you buy the better it is!!  :laughing:
I also have some boxes of 10 x 25g white 100% cotton embroidery thread.  Madeira Tanne. £5 per box plus postage.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
So many beers, so little time.

Iminei

Re: Embroidery threads
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2022, 17:51:05 PM »
I mustnt look I mustnt look I mustnt look .....

Get thee behind me  :devil:
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

sewmuchmore

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2022, 18:01:05 PM »
@realale are the threads in the front of the photo suitable for an embroidery machine?
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Lizzy777

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2022, 18:43:22 PM »
@realale

"I also have some boxes of 10 x 25g white 100% cotton embroidery thread.  Madeira Tanne. £5 per box plus postage."

I'd like a box of the Madeira Tanne please. How much do you thikn the postage will be?

Am happy to have two boxes if they are spare but is ok if only one box.

Thanks.

realale

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2022, 08:26:33 AM »
@realale are the threads in the front of the photo suitable for an embroidery machine?
@sewmuchmore all the threads are machine embroidery threads. The ones at the front are Amann Rasant core spun polyester cotton 1000m.

Mick

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2022, 22:24:27 PM »
Might be a daft question, but can this thread be used for normal sewing on a "non-embroidery" machine?

Please feel free to call me a pillock if I'm overlooking something obvious about it.

:thread:

Lilian

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2022, 22:26:46 PM »
I have used embroidery thread in a normal sewing machine.  It is a bit thinner and don't know if the strength is there if piecing but it is good for fancy stitching etc.,

Ps. are you over the virus now @Mick ?
Willing but not always able :)

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2022, 22:30:13 PM »
It’s fine for decorative work.  I wouldn’t use it for construction unless something like delicate lingerie.   :laughing:

Starryfish

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2022, 22:54:06 PM »
Just imagining @Mick 's avatar in delicate lingerie!!
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

Mick

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2022, 09:32:58 AM »
Thanks for the replies.  :thumb:

Not wanting to pull this thread too far off course, but...

@Starryfish  Trust me, I've seen bikers wearing stranger things. :rolleyes:

@Lilian Yes, thanks for asking, back to my normal, vulgar good health.

realale

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2022, 10:57:34 AM »
Might be a daft question, but can this thread be used for normal sewing on a "non-embroidery" machine?
 :thread:

I once used embroidery thread for topstitching as I liked the colour I had and I thought it would be fine - it wasn't! It doesn't stand up to too much hard wear and is better for decorative stuff.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2022, 14:20:43 PM »
Just imagining @Mick 's avatar in delicate lingerie!!

What @Mick gets up to at the weekend is his own business! :laughing:

Ellabella

« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2022, 14:24:22 PM »
I’ve been to enough bike rallies to know that bikers in sexy underwear is not that rare, and I don’t mean the girls.

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2022, 14:29:38 PM »
We used to take a load of fancy dress costumes to a rally organised by friends of ours.  The proceeds went to charity of course  :D
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."