Vogue Spring Patterns
« on: January 22, 2022, 16:02:43 PM »
Hi all
New patterns are here (lookbook)
https://somethingdelightful.com/vogue-patterns-lookbook/
Or here (individual patterns and info)
https://www.somethingdelightful.com/vogue-patterns/new-sewing-patterns/spring/

I have my eye on this.
But I am wondering why it hasn't been made up/modelled.

CR  :angel:

Bumblebuncher

Re: Vogue Spring Patterns
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2022, 16:34:35 PM »
Vintage Vogue stick with the original pics so no photographs on the cover.
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Tamnymore

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2022, 16:41:43 PM »
I love that vintage pattern @classical retro . I also have my eye on the Julio Cesar jacket and the Marcy Tilton dress and maybe a couple of others. There are a couple of fabulous party looks for those who are young, thin and who go to parties. I often like Sandra Betzina patterns - they are well drafted and the I find that the fit is good  At first sight I thought that her new top and trousers looked nice then I realised that the trouser fronts have weird pleats. Apart from the impossibility of producing even razor sharp knife pleats I can't imagine they would stay sharp and uncrushed. I'll be giving that pattern a miss.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2022, 17:18:34 PM »
Bizarre trousers.  I thought they’d be pleated all round!

Starryfish

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2022, 18:18:44 PM »
I really don't care for the wilma flintstone leopard print skirt! Doesn't anyone at Vogue have hips? Almost everything would make me look so wide.
The corset tops are cute but I feel cold just looking at them. A lot of the other dresses are v similar to Indie patterns I've seen at at least half the price. $24.50??
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

Silver Rose

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2022, 18:46:39 PM »
I like the jacket V1865.
Still learning

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2022, 19:11:50 PM »
Nothing appeals to me  :(

Tamnymore

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2022, 19:31:17 PM »
@Starryfish Vogue frequently has sales and if you buy several patterns at a time to justify the postage cost it can work out at half the full price UK cost or less.  You have to want several patterns though. I'm looking forward to sticking a bone through my hairdo so I can channel Wilma Flintstone.  :laughing:
And you are right - the models don't have hips... or any subcutaneous fat!

Tamnymore

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2022, 15:32:57 PM »
Just a heads up that these are now on sale on the Something Delightful website this weekend at $6.99 each. I still have (well I think I have) Club BMV membership which gives 20% off. Postage is fairly high to the UK but buying a bundle of 4 or 5 and going for the $25 postage still makes them less than half UK price (if you want 4 or 5 or can share with a friend). Takes about 3 weeks to arrive. As I understand it patterns don't attract VAT (but check to be sure).

annieeg

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2022, 16:21:29 PM »
I like V1866 jacket, and the jacket on the Sandra Betzina.  Won't be buying any though ... got a TON of stuff to make or cull before I buy any more patterns :embarrassed:

BrendaP

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2022, 17:24:48 PM »
I really don't care for the wilma flintstone leopard print skirt! Doesn't anyone at Vogue have hips? Almost everything would make me look so wide.
The corset tops are cute but I feel cold just looking at them. A lot of the other dresses are v similar to Indie patterns I've seen at at least half the price. $24.50??

That skirt was the only thing that appealed to me!  Looking at the striped version it's cut on the bias so will drape. 

As for the corset tops my thought was 'doesn't anyone at Vogue have a boobs!'
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.