The Sewing Place

Roxy's Journal of Stitchery

Pearl

Roxy's Journal of Stitchery
« on: January 23, 2022, 10:29:32 AM »
I seem to have joined into this slow stitching challenge on YouTube from the Roxy Creation channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiYYfbQbgPg&list=PLjZ7ebk-py28hyS6YEnqRIgmRW-Ji_6TX

This lasts six months and involves making a book.  Most people are using the cover of an old book but cutting up old books doesn't sit well with me and so I'm going to use a piece of thick card that came with my calendar and make my own cover. 

To start, we were taught 20 stitches.  I haven't done any embroidery since I was a child and so many of these were new to me but wouldn't be to you if you're an embroiderer.  Here are my first ten:-

Each month, there is a prompt for background and embellishment.  This month, it is vintage lace and a rabbit.  I haven't done much stitching on it yet, but have done the background and the rabbit.

Both look like they need a good press!   :laughing:

Not too late to join in if you fancy this project.

Cazlyn

Re: Roxy's Journal of Stitchery
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 11:20:53 AM »
Thanks @Pearl I’ll have a look.  I have done some slow stitching and really enjoy it.
Crafting is my happy place

Lowena

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 11:21:53 AM »
Looks intriguing. I'd love to join in because I'm into embroidery although not very good at it.However, I'm rubbish with you tube, not being a visual learner. I'll certainly think about it
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Lowena

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2022, 11:24:08 AM »
@Cazlyn  @Pearl and I are members of the Slow Stitching group on Facebook....

Pearl

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2022, 11:54:19 AM »
There is a Facebook group for this challenge as well, @Lowena .  I wish I was rubbish at YouTube!

Lowena

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2022, 13:22:19 PM »
Thanks @Pearl  :devil: I'll look it up  <3

Edit: I've joined the group but can't find the link to the sample stitches in the youtube video.....do I have to wade through all 25 minutes of it?? If so I won't last long :D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2022, 13:47:12 PM by Lowena »

Cazlyn

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2022, 16:14:12 PM »
Thanks @Lowena I’ll certainly have a look.

BrendaP

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2022, 16:28:53 PM »
It looks interesting, but she waffled for so long.  In the end I kept moving the curser along to see what was coming and if it got better.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Cazlyn

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2022, 08:23:05 AM »
@BrendaP that’s exactly what I’m doing.

Pearl

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2022, 07:43:32 AM »
Last night I was overstimulated after quilting group so I stayed up sewing until the early hours. 

Progress pic below.  I’m not sure if it’s finished.  I’m not sure about the colour of the dragonfly’s body. 

Diane

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2022, 07:47:00 AM »
I love what you’ve done @Pearl i personally like the colour of the dragonfly body, makes it stand out.
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Cazlyn

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2022, 08:04:20 AM »
I think it looks great @Pearl and also like the way the dragonfly’s body stands out.  I started the sampler last night...

Pearl

« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2022, 08:09:58 AM »
Thanks, both.  I’ll leave the dragonfly alone then.   :laughing:

I found the first sampler quite easy but the second is trickier.  I’m about half way through.  Am thinking about a title page now. 

Lowena

« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2022, 10:12:56 AM »
Lovely @Pearl
I forgot to put mine in here so here it is  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

realale

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2022, 17:17:26 PM »
Those are both lovely examples  :thumb: I like the dragonfly colour @Pearl.
So many beers, so little time.