The Sewing Place

Ok I am trying

Celia

Ok I am trying
« on: January 26, 2022, 16:31:54 PM »
I am trying to do the cat that Sandra did but in different colours, yesterdays attempt left me giving up sewing for good but today I took a deep breath and tried again.

I found some fabric, then struggled to find any bondaweb eventuality had to raid a kit for some, drew out the pattern pieces ironed them on to the fabric, cut them out,  then the backing fabric didn’t work colour wise, not deterred I dove into my stash and found something ok. Then placed the cut out pieces on and just about to press and see what I have done

The brown pieces are cut out upside down  :rant:

Maybe tomorrow or maybe not :thinking:

Diane

Re: Ok I am trying
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2022, 16:35:26 PM »
@Celia That's really good and looks like a siamese, will you stitch it by hand or machine?
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2022, 16:44:05 PM »
@Celia I know you said they are upside down but if you hadn't said it I wouldn't have seen it!  It does really look like a Siamese :D
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Lachica

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 16:54:56 PM »
Looks good to me, don't tell people about mistakes!
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Acorn

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2022, 16:57:11 PM »
It's the right way up when the cat looks down at himself!  It does look very good.  :thumb:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Lowena

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2022, 17:00:02 PM »
Looks very good to me  <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

realale

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2022, 17:03:43 PM »
Looks good to me!! If you hadn't mentioned the brown fabric being upside down I wouldn't have noticed. It's always said we are our own worst critics. It really has a look of a siamese to it.  :thumb:
So many beers, so little time.

mudcat

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2022, 17:18:23 PM »
I also wouldn't have noticed it being off if you hadn't mentioned it.  I give it  :thumb: :thumb: up.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2022, 17:28:06 PM »
Of course it’s not upside down.  It’s meant to be that way!  Adds interest!

Ellabella

« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2022, 17:31:56 PM »
@Celia the cat won’t mind.

Celia

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2022, 19:57:38 PM »
Thank you everyone, I am going to continue as this is just an experiment really. I am going to machine it @Diane  if I enjoy it I might try some more, I like some of the dog ones. Just want to do something a bit fun.

Iminei

« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2022, 10:40:53 AM »
Just like Missie!  :hug:
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Ellabella

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2022, 11:34:05 AM »
@Iminei , just to clarify, is Missie the name of Celia's cat?

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2022, 12:04:27 PM »
@Celia If you enjoy the process it really doesn't matter if it works or not!
I know I am not the best sewist, I know I can be slap dash in my approach.  I don't really care as I enjoy doing it and what put me off when I was a mere stripling was my sewing teacher making me do all those tacks etc
It took me years to realise I can sew how I bloody well want and if it goes wrong, nobody but me will know  :thumb:
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Celia

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2022, 13:45:57 PM »
Yes @Ellabella Missie is the name of my cat

I am going to continue today, I also moved my big machine Janome 6700 downstairs yesterday as I kept getting called down by the garden chap. I definitely think I enjoyed sewing here better which is lucky as carrying it down was one thing but back up ………….