The Sewing Place

Wool Warehouse

Iminei

Wool Warehouse
« on: January 29, 2022, 12:30:09 PM »
Look what the postie brought to me today ....

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Such gorgeous fabrics, so beautifully packaged, such quick delivery and such good value!
£10 for 5 FQs and just a smidge over £10 per metre for the yardage ...100% cotton ... Whats not to adore?

Wool Warehouse
... fabulous fabrics (and lots more) fabulous service
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Pearl

Re: Wool Warehouse
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2022, 12:39:35 PM »
… and those lovely organza bags.  So useful.

They’re in Leamington Spa and BC (before COVID), I was able to collect my order from them, thus avoiding postage and the wait. 

LeilaMay

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2022, 12:49:49 PM »
I use them sometimes, for yarn that isn't stocked anywhere near-abouts.
And you can say "no thank you" to the organza bags too - which is good if you already have a stack of them. I do recommend them.

Diane

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2022, 13:18:15 PM »
Lovely fabric @Iminei , i like wool warehouse as well. What will you make with the william morris fabric?
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

toileandtrouble

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2022, 13:18:51 PM »
Slurp slurp,dribble dribble. Here is me lying in my hospital bed and you trail this is front of me. And I am supposed to be reducing fabric. When I have done a trillion other things. I have some W M fabric for a blouse.I stroke it when I pass.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Lowena

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2022, 13:22:46 PM »
I never think of you and patterned fabrics @Iminei btw, did you ever use the flannel type fabrics you bought at Coast and Country?
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Stitchalot

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2022, 13:38:00 PM »
… and those lovely organza bags.  So useful.

They’re in Leamington Spa and BC (before COVID), I was able to collect my order from them, thus avoiding postage and the wait.

I can walk there. Also missing the BC opening. Are you in Leam too?

Lowena

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2022, 13:42:59 PM »
When I google it I just get pages of knitting wools :headbang:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

LeilaMay

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2022, 14:22:32 PM »
When I google it I just get pages of knitting wools :headbang:
Go to their website - in the blue banner near the top are the drop-downs for all their different categories, which includes fabric - 5th one across  :)

realale

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2022, 15:02:30 PM »
Well, that just sent me down a rabbit hole of exploration!!  :D
Lovely fabrics and yarns  :thumb:
Nothing with beer on though  :(
So many beers, so little time.

Flobear

« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2022, 16:08:47 PM »
I use them for much of my wool/yarn supply. Have refused organza bags lately as I don't need any more.
Not sure if I've ever investigated their fabric offerings  :P
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Sheilago

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2022, 16:48:42 PM »
I use wool warehouse all the time for yarn and fabric. They have a huge choice and always have sale items, so you can get quite a lot for the £25 free postage amount!  :D Delivery usually very quick too.
However,  I looked there today for ivory tone on tone fabric and couldn’t find quite what I wanted- that’s most unusual.

Acorn

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2022, 16:54:52 PM »
Another big fan here, especially for fat quarters.  In fact I have that very pack! 

They also often give you details of the solid fabrics that will co-ordinate with a patterned fabric, which is really useful online.

One slightly odd thing is that when I asked how I could request a long quarter (for individual fabrics you get a dropdown choice of FQ, half metre, 3/4metre etc) they said they couldn't do them.   ><
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ouryve

« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2022, 21:54:26 PM »
I'm sure it has an amazing selection but I'm on my phone and it's even less mobile friendly than Minerva.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Lachica

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2022, 22:09:36 PM »
Yes, I gave up too @Ouryve
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.