The Sewing Place

Cashmerette Patterns Size Calculator

Ohsewsimple

Cashmerette Patterns Size Calculator
« on: January 31, 2022, 17:44:24 PM »
Not sure if anyone uses these but I found this by chance.  I thought it might be useful for people who might not know what size patterns to use/start with.  Plug in your measurements and they tell you what size you should start with. 

https://www.cashmerette.com/pages/sizing#measurements

Further investigation revealed lots of info about the pattern sizing and the difference between their two ranges.  Also lots of tutorials etc. 

Ouryve

Re: Cashmerette Patterns Size Calculator
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2022, 21:18:03 PM »
It is very useful and I'm thrilled they've started offering smaller sizes as some of us more petite ladies have lumps curves, too. I only usually need to add an inch or so of bust to a pattern that fits across my back but its still a faff on.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2022, 22:35:04 PM »
I found it interesting reading about the difference in the drafts in the two size ranges. 

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2022, 08:29:36 AM »
Thanks for this @Ohsewsimple , I will have a read later.  It's always good to have plenty of sizing information.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Kenora

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2022, 21:23:41 PM »
Just for fun, I entered my measurements on the Calculator. ;) I have a small bust, chunky waist and narrow hips. The results were interesting. They advised me to start with a size 14, do a small bust adjustment, then grade out to a 20 for the waist, and in again to a size 8 for the hips!! The mind boggles. :rolleyes: I'm obviously not the shape they usually cater for. :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath