The Sewing Place

Eye Spy Chickens

Ploshkin

Eye Spy Chickens
« on: June 13, 2017, 09:24:34 AM »
The very last conversation I had on TSF before it disappeared was about eyes for my chicken thing.  We all know how long ago that was.
Well, I finally got fed up with it looking (or not looking) at me and used some buttons.  I had the white ones but no black ones & didn't want to order 100 from e bay but I was stocking up on interfacings and put some on the order.
If I change my mind and find something better it will be easy enough to take them off and replace them.  (I think the white ones might look better if they were a more solid white rather that pearly.
Anyway, my chickens now have eyes!  I will have to change my avatar.
Life's too short for ironing.

Lilian

Re: Eye Spy Chickens
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 12:27:43 PM »
They look finished now, nice job!  :)
Willing but not always able :)

Iminei

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 13:34:34 PM »
See ???

We DO Finish things!!! It just takes a lil time!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sheilago

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 13:38:36 PM »
Love the chickens. That block would be great for little kitchen projects like tea cosies, oven gloves. Mmm. ..will add that to  my growing 'to do ' list!

b15erk

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 15:59:55 PM »
What a difference a button makes.  Lovely work Plosh.  <3

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Lantana

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 17:23:12 PM »
Oh yes Plosh they are real chickens now .. not just a block! I must admit Id always thought your chicken was on her ownsome ... on a cushion or something. She looks even nicer with the rest of her brood! I hope they are good layers ... pun intended!

L :vintage:

Acorn

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 18:47:43 PM »
Your avatar chicken has woken up!   0_0

They look great.   :)
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

rubywishes

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2017, 10:29:18 AM »
Oh Ploshkin I remember your chickens and the eye dilemma! So pleased they are now finished, they look very sweet!
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!