The Sewing Place

Wool pressing mat

Celia

Re: Wool pressing mat
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2022, 14:16:04 PM »
Darn it. That's another thing I didn't know I needed until you lot brought it to my attention.  :laughing:

@realale thats exactly how I feel :laughing:

annieeg

« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2022, 15:51:52 PM »
I have the same one as @Cazlyn and it seems to be good quality, however, I managed to damage two surfaces that I had it on top of when I was pressing some fabric. I was using steam, so perhaps you're not supposed to. Anyway, it's now been relegated to the corner of disappointment.
@coffeeandcake  "the corner of disappointment" will  now become my favourite term - I've got a lot more stuff/experiences to relegate than just a not-so-good pressing mat  ;)

Kan

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2022, 10:21:14 AM »
@coffeeandcake  "the corner of disappointment" will  now become my favourite term - I've got a lot more stuff/experiences to relegate than just a not-so-good pressing mat  ;)

I have a piece of ½ inch thick wool felt which was purchased from eBay a few years ago, approx 12 x 12 and it works well as is.

I received a bigger “woolpad” for xmas, sure its from amazchinaon, first time I tried it, it messed up my iron, using the same setting as my other mat. I was very annoyed and slung it in my disappointed corner.. I was toying with making a cover for it, or adding a board to back and covering the whole lot, then had an idea…and popped it under my ironing board cover. It seems to work okay like that. 

Sara-S

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2022, 12:39:35 PM »
I have one. I fond it quite helpful for pressing seams down.
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

SewCanDad

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2022, 19:17:05 PM »
I bought a wool mat (17x24) a couple of years ago and while happy with it, just don't use it that much to be honest. Would be much better suited to someone that quilts regular  :thumb:

For myself, it was a waste of pennies  :thinking: