The Sewing Place

Sewing Chair

Lowena

Re: Sewing Chair
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2022, 17:06:43 PM »
I hate a chair without arms but the chair I have atm is very uncomfortable.It pitches me forward.
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Celia

« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2022, 20:26:22 PM »
It is difficult to find a good chair as we are all different, I am also wondering about a chair as at the moment I use a dinning room chair downstairs.

Diane

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2022, 03:36:52 AM »
@Celia I also use a dining room chair but I need something more suitable that’s got some height adjustment.
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Celia

« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2022, 08:19:57 AM »
@Diane yes I agree I think when I get my new table I might look for a chair, it is just where to put it, or rather where to put the extra dinning room chair. :thinking: :thinking:

It seemed odd seeing your post timed at 3.36, I assumed at first you couldn’t sleep and then realised it was your morning time before you went to work. Hope you had a good shift and are now of home nearly home safely.

Diane

« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2022, 08:40:53 AM »
@Celia Yes I was up and was waiting to leave for work  :laughing:

We don’t eat at the table and I don’t have visitors round either (sound like a miserable ole cow don’t I)  :laughing: so I don’t need dining room chairs, we have two spare dining chairs upstairs if we need them so I’ll dump this one I have in the lounge.
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Celia

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2022, 08:58:01 AM »
@Diane    I can join you with that too, we don’t eat at the table and I can’t remember the last time I had visitors to eat at the table.

I was actually thinking of replacing the dinning room table chairs with 2 office type as we do use the table to do jigsaws and it would be waaaay more comfortable.

Diane

« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2022, 09:03:17 AM »
@Celia That sounds like a plan  :thumb: I find dining table chairs uncomfortable so I’ll be glad to get rid of it.

Gernella

« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2022, 10:12:15 AM »
I don't think a normal chair is really suitable for using a sewing machine as there is not adjustment for height and back rest @Diane  I have seen blogs where they've used one but I shift around a lot so wheels are very useful.

We don't using the dining room for eating, other than when family come, but in the kitchen the worktop has a piece that comes out into the middle of the kitchen with a drop down bit going around two sides that would sit four people.  We did used to have a kitchen table but this is far better for us and utilises space better for storage.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Diane

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2022, 10:27:05 AM »
@Gernella I agree, that’s what I find with the chair I have at the moment, no height adjustment and it feels a little too low and it’s awkward when you move a lot and don’t have wheels

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2022, 19:07:21 PM »
After a lot of indecision a few months ago, I bought an Ikea Flintan chair.  It's very comfortable but a little annoying that the castors lock when you aren't sitting on it.  Easy to wheel when you're on it, but harder to push other times.

Kad

« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2022, 19:19:40 PM »
@Bodgeitandscarper
I have a flintan chair from IKEA in a pretty soft pink, I'd wanted turquoise but it was out of stock  :(, apparently the locking wheel mechanism is a safety feature - helps to stop you missing the chair and landing on your bum when sitting down. I've found that it's easy to move if you put one foot on top of a wheel and then push the chair - it moves easily.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 19:21:11 PM by Kad »
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

twopence

« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2022, 20:27:39 PM »
I too have a flintan chair from IKEA which i find really comfortable.  It was my son's desk chair which I inherited when he went to Canada and is now a rather faded red as he used it in a sunny room.  I rather like the colour and have a small waterfall quilt draped over the back.

Sewbusy

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2022, 10:16:43 AM »
Someone has a Bernina Red Chair for sewing for sale on Facebook, sadly in USA. Wanting 120.00 USD.

I didn't know Bernina had these. New price from Bernina dealers 449.00 USD.

https://www.bernina.com/en-US/Longarm-Quilting-US/Longarm-Quilting-Accessories/Accessories-for-the-Sit-Down-Table/BERNINA-Red-Chair

Can't find them for sale in UK.

Gernella

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2022, 10:21:48 AM »
That looks to have a lovely bottom on it @Sewbusy looks a lot broader than others, nice and comfy.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Diane

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2022, 10:36:34 AM »
Ooh that looks like a lovely comfy chair  :devil: