The Sewing Place

Pre wound bobbins

Celia

Re: Pre wound bobbins
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2022, 12:31:41 PM »
@Acorn
The screw to the bobbin winder needs a Hex screwdriver but usually you can just rotate the part I have put an arrow on, in to have less bobbin thread and out for more, it has enough movement to allow this as long as the mechanic hasn’t overtightened it.  Hope this might help.  The picture is of my machine it is set to not wind very full at the moment but that is my choice.

Acorn

« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2022, 12:41:25 PM »
Thank you @Celia - fortunately I have the correct screwdriver.  When I managed to allow the machine to suck in the loose end of a reel of thread (  :o ) we had to open it up, and managed to get one through Amazon. 

I have loosened it (it was very tight), but need to refine it a bit - it's not stopping the winding at the moment.    I will experiment with turning the doodah.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #47 on: February 23, 2022, 12:47:50 PM »
Useful info @Celia.  I thought it would need to be loosened.   My Diamond is fine but my old SE doesn’t wind a lot on, not that it gets a lot of use.

realale

« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2022, 13:11:50 PM »
I moved the arm thingy on my bobbin winder to get more on just as Celia said. The first time I moved it too much and overfilled the bobbin so it wouldn't work. I tweaked it some more and now it is fine. I also use that machine to wind my embroidery machine bobbins whilst my EM is chuntering away - Took me a 'Doh!' moment to realise I could do that!!  :facepalm:
So many beers, so little time.