The Sewing Place

March 2022 contest: Here comes summer! 1st to 31st March. Photos by 6th April

toileandtrouble

Progress.  Got pockets in, tidied up the pieced edges of the skirt and sewed in the half belt ties. Attached skirt to top.  Zip and back seam, armholes and hem to do. Then iron. There is hope yet.
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Flobear

Today is officially the last day of the competition but, as I have visitors for the next few days, I won't be peering over anybody's shoulder  ;)

I said photos by 6th April because I knew I wouldn't be available during the first few days of the month. Please refer to the template-ish thing on the first page if you haven't already given some blurb on your creation.

I hope to have the voting ready to go by the 7th.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2022, 07:33:51 AM by Flobear »
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

toileandtrouble

I have managed it, by a squeak and a whisker. 

Flobear

Now visitors have gone, I'm assembling the entries for voting. If you haven't posted your pics and your bit of blurb yet - as detailed in the opening post - please do so this evening or as soon as poss.  tomorrow 6th April.  :thumb:

Tamnymore

I decided I didn't love what I made enough to enter - it was that pesky Marcy Tilton outfit with the enormous neckline - but it is at least wearable.
Good luck to all the entrants.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

toileandtrouble

Toileandtrouble's Entry
Summer dress for the sunny day.
Cotton print from stash.  Butterick 6676 Cup D and the view with the front ties.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Still needed a bit of a FBA so let out the front darts a little and took a tiny dart at the armhole.  The front skirt was then wider and didn't fit the narrow fabric, so I put in pieces at the bottom using quilting tape to match up the pattern. (Did a great job)  Also lengthened the skirt to balance the top more.   Added pockets using the free Threads pattern.
When I finished, found the invisible zip was not necessary, so took it out to use elsewhere.
Had to photograph on the duct tape dummy, but it doesn't hang properly because she has no bottom at all.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Bring on the sunny day.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 21:29:04 PM by Flobear »

Flobear

Mocarroll

Last minute.com, as usual
Mocarroll entry no2
New Look 6413 jumpsuit for me
fabric stretch linen from Croft Mill
The toile of the bodice was huge so I re-drafted it completely, taking it up at the shoulders, re-drawing the armhole and taking in CF.  It didn't help that I didn't order enough fabric as I didn't notice it was only 130cm wide when I ordered.  Fortunately the bottom part fitted without alteration (other than shortening by about 6 inches for my 5ft frame).
I must remember to leave plenty of time if I need the loo because it's a bit of a struggle to get it off.  Next time I would probably insert the zip right into the front crotch seam rather than stopping it above the waist.  Other than that it's very comfortable.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2022, 21:35:04 PM by Flobear »