The Sewing Place

For Sale : The Complete Photo Guide to Perfect Fitting by Sarah Veblen

Ellabella

A very useful book.

I bought this when I couldn’t find my original copy.  Original, tatty copy has surfaced so this one needs to go.

£9 inc P&P
« Last Edit: March 05, 2022, 14:24:13 PM by Iminei »

LeilaMay

Yes please if this is still available? Trying to raise my game from little girls dresses from 30 years ago :)

Ellabella

Of course @LeilaMay , I’ll PM you.

Elnnina

LeilaMay that is an excellent book I do not think you will be disappointed with this.  Sarah Veblen has introduced yet another way of fitting in that she uses horizontal tacking lines in strategic places, so perhaps a little more ground work to do but if it works for you then that is good.  The book is absolutely packed from cover to cover with photographs for each stage, so useful to actually see what is happening.  Good luck with your journey into dress making and fitting.

LeilaMay

Thank you - a pair of summer, looser fitting trousers is what I'm planning when the scrap quilt is finished :) Happy to toile first.

Ohsewsimple

@Elnnina i always got my girls to use balance lines on their toiles.  It makes it so easy to see where alterations are needed. I’ve always used them on my own toiles  but I guess that comes from drafting blocks with all those lines on to start with.

LeilaMay

Safely arrived today - thank you so much :)