The Sewing Place

Buttonholer on ebay, 99p start, ends 5.19pm today - for slant shank machines

Madame Cholet

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-Singer-Automatic-Buttonholer-/162546450412?hash=item25d885ffec:g:HCMAAOSwCkZZOXeM

It is a 'Golden Panoramic' Singer buttonholer, which I believe is for the Singer Slant Shank models only.
(Someone please correct me if I am wrong  :D).

I thought someone with a Singer slanty might be interested.
 8)

Madame Cholet

It just went for 99p, plus postage.

Sewsuzie

Somebody got a bargain!

Suzie  :vintage:
Never let your sewing machine know you're in a hurry

b15erk

It was me!!  :D Doing the Happy Dance!!  :)

Thank you so much for the heads up Madame Cholet!  I spotted this, just as I was leaving work yesterday, and put a cheeky bid on it.  To my amazement, I checked my messages last night, and I'd won it!

It will do perfectly for my 611g, and which is usually set up for buttonholes.  I'm also keeping my eyes peeled for a Touch and Sew, which is also a slant shank.

Once again, a big Thank You!!

Jessie

Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Sewsuzie

Well done Jessie (and Madame Cholet for spotting it)! We'll happy dance with you  0_0. Glad it went to someone who will use and appreciate it, and at such a bargain price!!!!!

Suzie  :vintage:
Never let your sewing machine know you're in a hurry

b15erk

I'm delighted Suzie.  The seller seems very good - it's already on its way to me!

I just need to step up the search for a Touch and Sew now:)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Madame Cholet

That is lovely news... I am doing the happy dance too!

I must say that when I posted the link I was thinking of you, Jessie! 0_0  :vintage: :vintage:  :vintage: :vintage: :vintage::vintage: 0_0

I shall keep my ear to the ground for a Touch and Sew  :ninja:

arrow

I think it comes in a basic low shank version too. I did a bit of search for one when I discovered it's capable of larger buttonholes than most, but I never ended up with one. One or two versions that take plastic cams have extra large ones.

b15erk

MC, I have to keep the plans for the Touch and Sew very quiet atm - other half is getting a bit twitchy around sewing machines....   But, if it's a real bargain, then how can I refuse?

I can always offer to re-home a couple of the other machines  ;)  - I promise  ;)

:vintage:  :) :vintage: :) :vintage:
Jessie

Ellabella

MC, I have to keep the plans for the Touch and Sew very quiet atm - other half is getting a bit twitchy around sewing machines....   But, if it's a real bargain, then how can I refuse?

I can always offer to re-home a couple of the other machines  ;)  - I promise  ;)

Jessie

Yes Jessie, we believe you ;)

Madame Cholet

I think it comes in a basic low shank version too...

I went by the pics on the box, and the info. on Helen Howes site, as she has one for sale there, but wow! .. a version exists for a low shank too? I shall keep an eye out for one of those  :D

... I did a bit of search for one when I discovered it's capable of larger buttonholes than most, but I never ended up with one. One or two versions that take plastic cams have extra large ones.

.. it also has... (drum roll)... an eyelet cam!

Jessie

I am working on a theory that lost sewing machines seek out their new owners, and not the other way round, especially after Leila May's magical and marvelous Featherweight find! I have one of those old Ikea room dividers... it has 16 square holes just big enough to slide a sewing machine in... I keep moving out 'stuff' and sliding in an extra sewing machine...  DH hardly notices...
:devil:
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 12:28:56 PM by Madame Cholet »

arrow

You make me a bit unsure Madame Cholet, I have to do a  bit more search on the subject. I never actually had my hands on one, and I don't have any slant shank models.

Madame Cholet

Arrow I think you were right, a search turned up this Singer buttonholer in the US, described for 'vertical needle machines'. It is not a 'Golden Panoramic', but the cam style and quantity look very similar.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Vintage-Professional-Singer-Buttonholer-Attachment-381116-Made-in-England/292146562521?_trksid=p2045573.c100505.m3226&_trkparms=aid%3D555014%26algo%3DPL.DEFAULT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D44728%26meid%3D18ae31c3618749d1a9971de1337df21f%26pid%3D100505%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26

arrow

They likely came out around the same time? They look nice, maybe I should add one to my lot of attachments.

b15erk

Well, my new buttonhole attachment arrived - and it's beautiful!  To be fair, it's very like the other one I have, which is the Professional, which says on the box, for slant shank and zig zag machines.

The new one, the Golden Panorama, has not got information on the box, but I believe (I may be wrong here - I was once:)), that the Golden Panorama is the 670g sewing machine.

I haven't had much chance to compare the two, just a few minutes this morning, and the only difference I can see, is the feed dog cover.

I'm going to investigate further, to see if it would be possible to use it on a low shank machine.

I love the other buttonholers I have, but this one takes the guesswork out of buttonholing, I just lift the flap, drop another template in, and away we go.

Jessie