The Sewing Place

Not another purple bag!!!

Marniesews

Not another purple bag!!!
« on: March 07, 2022, 22:54:16 PM »
'Fraid so, but after our trip to the quilt show for more lining fabric, this will be its last outing for a little while at least. Other fabrics are queuing up now shouting "me next!". Choices! -<

This little bag was for a friend. It's the Beanie Baguette bag a brand new pattern by Spencer Ogg Patterns. Nice to sew apart from a demon curved zip. I unpicked it four times before I got the right combination of tricks and tips to get it to lie really smoothly without any waviness. If anyone fancies it, I'm happy to share them. Only problem was, after all that effort, I forgot to clip the bag curve and so it has a bit of a ripple. Fortunately, I don't think my friend will notice, she's too distracted by the Minnie Mouse zip slider and cat fabric inside. Also excellent techniques for new bag makers.

She's a big fan of Minnie. Personally, I prefer the Minions but it takes all sorts!  ;) 0_0

So pleased to have found a Minnie Mouse slider for her.  :D

The chevron striped webbing was a reasonable price and in the right width for this bag.

Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Lachica

Re: Not another purple bag!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2022, 22:56:58 PM »
That's fabulous. Lucky friend!
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Ouryve

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2022, 23:33:06 PM »
Super cute!
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2022, 09:34:22 AM »
Lovely  :)

William

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2022, 18:31:58 PM »
Woderfull - well done. I really like how You made the handle.
...it was a Hobbit hole, and that meant comfort.