The Sewing Place

Cheap but very effective Embroidery machine Mat

Iminei

Cheap but very effective Embroidery machine Mat
« on: March 08, 2022, 08:58:10 AM »
When I sew, I sew in the Dining room ... I basically live in there and its the only room I heat.

I sew on the dining room table which is an antique brown jobby made of solid oak? Well its definitely wood and when I use Elvistoo it becomes a boom box!

I have been using Elvistoo on a quilted mat, a never finished example piece I made to help Flobear with her QAYG techniques but having been looking out for a cheap Yoga mat ... from the charity or maybe TKMax but found even TKMax's reduced to clear price (£10.00 ) a bit steep for a bit of foam matting'

Well early last month I was in Lidl wandering through the centre aisle and there on its ownsome was a yoga mat all wrapped up and secured by a bungy type thing ! I picked it up, slung over my shoulder and carried on doing the rest of my shopping (I would've looked like a real Pro if it hadnt been for the fat belly sticking out in front of me  :laughing: ) and then went to the till ...

Beep ... Beep ... Beep ... last thing was the yoga mat .. Could I find a price? Could I bugger!! Assistant came, looked for a price, looked puzzled and said No we've not got these in stock ... and wandered off as did I!

When I got home, I put the mat in the cupboard under the stairs were Elvistoo lives and only got it out yesterday as I had a day with him  on my mind. As I unrolled it a tatty piece of paper drifted out from within its coils ... It was indeed a Lidl Yoga mat with a torn wrapper that had been all wrapped up within it!!!

I cut the mat to size and the difference in noise is incredible !! and the price was right up my alley ... Free!

Do you think Im going to Hell now???  :devil:
« Last Edit: March 08, 2022, 09:02:29 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Bumblebuncher

Re: Cheap but very effective Embroidery machine Mat
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2022, 09:42:55 AM »
When things like that happen, and it isn't often, I like to think of it as a little gift from the powers that be to reward you for good behaviour  :meditate:
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Missie

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2022, 14:47:32 PM »
Id call that serendipity, but if its not, I'll see you in firey place :laughing:

William

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2022, 18:14:39 PM »
Nice when life gives us a freebie!  :D
...it was a Hobbit hole, and that meant comfort.

Flobear

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2022, 19:01:13 PM »
It was meant to be - and couldn't have gone to a more deserving cause  :grouphug:
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Cazlyn

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2022, 07:18:58 AM »
I often say if it hasn’t got a price on its free - enjoy the quiet.
Crafting is my happy place