The Sewing Place

Hello from Schleswig - Holstein

Lachica

Re: Hello from Schleswig - Holstein
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2022, 16:27:56 PM »
Hello and welcome. There are some pretty impressive projects there, looking forward to seeing what you make next.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Diane

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2022, 16:31:10 PM »
Hello from me as well  :)
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

William

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2022, 14:34:34 PM »
Willkommen von Süd Deutschland!!

We are getting to be quite international!

WD

...it was a Hobbit hole, and that meant comfort.

NorthStar

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2022, 16:43:57 PM »
Hello William!
I'm up north near the Sachenwald Forest.
Grüß Gott!

NorthStar

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2022, 17:09:41 PM »
Hello and welcome. There are some pretty impressive projects there, looking forward to seeing what you make next.

I bought a new Coverlock last spring but then came gardening weather & I ended up throwing several fall / winter sewing projects aside. Now I finally finished them & need something to wear for summer.

But its always very difficult to find suitable fabric in the right colours for sewing men's clothing! Im 62 (will be 63 in April) & don't like sport clothing. I also don't like drain pipe pants with short zippers so I make my trousers 9" wide at the ankles with nice deep, robust calico pockets for tools or what ever. And I always wear good, brown, leather shoes.

I basically only buy natural fabrics & don't like synthetics.
But cotton twill or gabardine with 4% elasthan makes wonderfull trousers.
Cheers!

Iminei

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2022, 11:02:32 AM »
You sound like you are a very well turned out fellow ... just wish you could be nearer ... but that is the peril of an internet forum!

The way people dress these days (around here) makes me very sad ... and Im afraid I am counting myself amongst them* ... my only excuse is I never go out and rarely see anybody at home.

But I see people in town, woman, boys... well men really wearing sweat bottoms with the crotch hanging just above the knees ... and not only that dirty sweat bottoms ... Euugh!

* I dont own sweat pants but at home, to be comfortable as Im now gaining all the weight I lost when working, I wear PJ botts ... When I go out I wear jeans .. Clean jeans!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

NorthStar

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2022, 20:19:15 PM »
You sound like you are a very well turned out fellow ... just wish you could be nearer ... but that is the peril of an internet forum!

The way people dress these days (around here) makes me very sad ... and Im afraid I am counting myself amongst them* ... my only excuse is I never go out and rarely see anybody at home.

But I see people in town, woman, boys... well men really wearing sweat bottoms with the crotch hanging just above the knees ... and not only that dirty sweat bottoms ... Euugh!

* I dont own sweat pants but at home, to be comfortable as Im now gaining all the weight I lost when working, I wear PJ botts ... When I go out I wear jeans .. Clean jeans!

Well its not like I live on the moon or anything

SewCanDad

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2022, 14:11:07 PM »
A belated welcome from another newbie  :thumb: (still reading posts lol)