The Sewing Place

What lies beneath - Undies and sleepwear contest (photos by 4th May)

Kenora

Re: What lies beneath - Undies and sleepwear contest
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2022, 20:53:44 PM »
@Lilian - in the opening instructions it states "robes" will be accepted so presumably that means dressing gowns too.  :)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Lilian

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2022, 21:47:41 PM »
Thanks @Kenora after I posted I scrolled to the start and read that 'robes' count so I may be joining, I'll see if I can make a start  0_0
Willing but not always able :)

Ouryve

« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2022, 23:56:28 PM »
A dressing gown is a robe, @Lilian so it would be fine,  I think.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

SingingSinger

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2022, 08:21:54 AM »
I've had the pattern and fabric for some pyjamas for months. Maybe this is the push I need to actually start them!
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Teetering on the Darkside. Owner of vintage machines Singer 201K and Elna Lotus SP (and a Brother Innovis 350SE and Pfaff Ambition 620)

Diane

« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2022, 09:26:53 AM »
I have some brushed cotton/flannelette fabric, should i wash it beforehand? Is it likely to shrink?
I've just popped it in the washing machine as it looked a bit grubby in places.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2022, 10:11:17 AM by Diane »
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Celia

« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2022, 10:21:06 AM »
Yes @Diane i would definitely wash before hand it saves a lot of heartache.

I have a nightdress I want to make and I might do some more leftover knickers made from my scraps. 

I would love to make a bra too as the ones I used to buy are no longer made but trying to find something that fits not only me but my requirement of extreme comfort is not easy.

Bill

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2022, 10:21:59 AM »
Experience has taught me that shrinkage is better happening before the garment is made rather than after.

I'm planning on some boxer shorts for this comp. No I will not be modelling them  :P
Bernina 570QE (Bernie)     1937 Singer 201k (sally)
The best advice I can give you, is don't take advice from me
Don't follow me, I do stupid things

Kwaaked

« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2022, 16:35:19 PM »
If I get the time, I have a dressing gown I want to make for the cabin.  Yes, I overdress.  I also feel if you are taking me on a vacation I get to sleep all day and be up long enough to lounge whilst my husband cooks meat.

Of course...it'll probably be PJ pants.

b15erk

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2022, 10:40:27 AM »
Well, this is a hard one.  I have far too many pyjamas, nighties, and gowns, so it's thinking cap on...

The one thing I do need, on occasion, is a full underslip... :thinking:

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2022, 14:04:41 PM »
Yes a dressing gown is definitely allowed @Lilian

I am back now from our trip so will be hoping to sew along with you all as well.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2022, 17:46:11 PM »
2 weeks of sewing time left, what are you planning, PJ botts, full slips or culotte slips, bralettes?

I might do a culotte slip to wear under skirts/dresses. I want to do a bralette but don't currently have a pattern which is speaking to me.

Flobear

« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2022, 19:46:29 PM »
I bought some jersey fabric with a bunny design on many months ago. I fished it out the other day with the thought of actually making the intended jim-jams. Whether this will happen in time is anybody's guess  :[
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Kenora

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2022, 21:30:13 PM »
I made a start on my nightdress about 10 days ago but, as you can see, I had a lot of help and supervision!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Despite this I got on very well with it, and don't have very much left to do. However, I took the opportunity to work in the garden for a while on Friday and Saturday. Now, my neck has "gone" again so I have no idea when I'll be able to sew. Patience is definitely required. I hope I'll be able to finish before the end of the month.  :rolleyes:
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2022, 22:02:33 PM »
Looking good @Kenora
I'm thinking about sewing the free Hyacinth Bralette
Hyacinth Bralette

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2022, 20:19:08 PM »
Ingredients for the bralette, hoping to work on it this weekend.