The Sewing Place

What lies beneath - Undies and sleepwear contest (photos by 4th May)

Flobear

Re: What lies beneath - Undies and sleepwear contest
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2022, 21:43:59 PM »
I have cut out the trousers for my bunny jim-jams and am waiting for a pattern to arrive for the top.  The overlocker is playing up and I don't have much time to keep messing about so they may not happen. . Still, fingers crossed.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Ouryve

« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2022, 21:50:44 PM »
I'm hoping my hands behave so I can crack on with my knickers and camisole.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Flobear

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2022, 15:37:59 PM »
After stepping away from the overlocker yesterday and rethreading from scratch we have progress!

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Kenora

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2022, 18:10:10 PM »
Last time I was sewing I was so enthusiastic to get things done that I sewed up the side seams of my nightdress. So, today, when I was able to sew for a short time, I realised I'd been intending to use the burrito method of sewing and turning the armholes ... but couldn't because I'd already sewn the side seams.  :facepalm: Took me a bit more fiddling to reach up between the lining and the outer fabric and sew them "inside out" IYKWIM. It worked OK but a bit of forward planning would have saved me a lot of time and messing about.  >:)
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2022, 21:49:45 PM »
Oh @Kenora that sounds frustrating, well done for getting it to work anyway!

@Flobear, looking good, can't wait to see the outcome.

After the learning curve of the first bralette I changed the elastics I was using slightly and sewed up a new version which looks to be wearable. I also made myself a pair of baselayer leggings out of the same fabric - using a leggings pattern traced from a Burda magazine - #130 from Burda Jan 2011

« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 21:52:00 PM by SewRuthieSews »

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2022, 10:24:47 AM »
wearing my bralette today, so far so good.

Flobear

« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2022, 10:28:34 AM »
Oh good! Not like K.H. then who had to remodel her bikini top in the 'Here Comes Summer' comp.  ;)

Celia

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2022, 10:31:36 AM »
Did you use a different pattern @SewRuthieSews in the end or just tweak the one you had

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #38 on: April 24, 2022, 13:39:39 PM »
@Celia, I used the same pattern but had learned which elastics would work and improved my technique a bit.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2022, 09:01:04 AM »
The test wear of the bralette went well so I have another one cut out and shall get sewing that today.
I'm finding even simple lingerie like this has quite a learning curve - the techniques are different to what I normally use.

Celia

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2022, 09:36:57 AM »
@SewRuthieSews it looks good, I have made a bra but in the very distant past, I don’t want to do that again but I think a bralette might be good, I think I would like something with wider straps though

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #41 on: April 25, 2022, 10:24:04 AM »
Here's the second bralette (not including the initial fairly dodgy test one)

I have enough of the band lace for a third one the same and then I'll put the rest of the fabric away for another time.

Flobear

Re: What lies beneath - Undies and sleepwear contest (photos by 4th May)
« Reply #42 on: April 25, 2022, 16:38:43 PM »
The pattern for my top arrived today. Hoping to trace it off tomorrow. Won't bother with a toile as jim-jams can be somewhat flexible as regards fitting.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2022, 13:05:15 PM »
I'm thinking of making some jimjams as well - jersey leopard print trousers with a cream top trimmed with the leopard.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #44 on: April 26, 2022, 20:28:25 PM »
jimjams are cut out, both fabrics are very soft so should be lovely to sleep in. Sewing them up can wait for another day.