The Sewing Place

What lies beneath - Undies and sleepwear contest (photos by 4th May)

Celia

Re: What lies beneath - Undies and sleepwear contest (photos by 4th May)
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2022, 16:05:30 PM »
Nightdress half sewn after I moved overlocker downstairs just can’t work without space or without my giant overlocker  :laughing: might get finished in time.

Flobear

« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2022, 16:37:58 PM »
Let's hope we cross the finishing line in time @Celia  - 'things' are getting in my way too  :[
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Ouryve

« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2022, 17:14:53 PM »
Another one racing to get mine done in between other stuff. Still have a few metres of fold over elastic ic to attach :faints:
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2022, 21:17:12 PM »
@Celia @Flobear @Ouryve ooh sounds exciting, you can do it, remember I don't require photos until 4th May ;-)

I have partly made the jimjam trousers, just waistband/casing/drawstring and hems to do, oh and the top which I've only cut out and not even started sewing.

Flobear

« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2022, 22:28:46 PM »
I'm exactly where you're at with jim-jams, @SewRuthieSews . Once I've waved Mr Bear off for his weekend away I can sew to my heart's content. Just hope we don't have lovely gardening weather!

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2022, 22:37:18 PM »
Mr SRS and friends are going to watch the racing at Donington Park on Saturday so lots of sewing time for me then!

b15erk

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2022, 13:53:12 PM »
Here's my entry

I've made a full slip, using the Free Tammy Handmade pattern I've done a few times before.

The difference this time is that I've lengthened the pattern to make a full slip.  I knew the pattern fitted well so, I had no fitting issues.  I used a remnant of stretch mesh in a yellow cream colour - mainly because I found some bra strap elastic in the same colour.  It looked very plain when I'd finished, so I added a faux hem in a cream satin, and finished with a stretch lace.

I'm very happy with this, although not overly keen on the colour, but as it won't be seen that's OK.  The only thing I don't know, is if it will pass the static test - I will reprt back on that later!

Full Cream Slip
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Faux Slip Hem

Slip Strap

Jessie

Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Flobear

« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2022, 15:02:28 PM »
Ooh, lovely, @b15erk . The top edge shaping and the hem detail really make it pretty  :)

Helen M

« Reply #53 on: April 29, 2022, 15:51:20 PM »
I don't think I'll make the finishing line for this one.

My nightdress was cut out before Easter but I've been in bed for 10 days and still not 100% so I don't think I'll make the deadline.

Good luck to everyone else!
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 72

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #54 on: April 29, 2022, 17:10:51 PM »
@b15erk , oh Jessie that's beautiful!

@Helen M hope you are feeling better soon.

To all who are nearly finished, but might not make the deadline I have a couple of suggestions
1 - I could allow sewing up to 4th May, which would give just a few more days. Let me know if you would like this.
2 - If even 4th May wouldn't give enough time then you can start a topic about your project in the "What lies beneath..." section of the board

Ouryve

« Reply #55 on: April 29, 2022, 17:28:01 PM »
Neve mind - I'm going to try this from another device. My phone isn't playing ball and deleting cookies hasn't worked.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 17:48:10 PM by Ouryve »
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Ouryve

« Reply #56 on: April 29, 2022, 17:30:43 PM »
Hmm. My photos haven't inserted  :headbang:

Flobear

« Reply #57 on: April 29, 2022, 20:01:30 PM »
I should be OK, thanks, @SewRuthieSews as long as my overlocker keeps overlocking!

Kenora

« Reply #58 on: April 29, 2022, 20:32:34 PM »
I've finished mine - thanks @SewRuthieSews - I just need to take the photos now. Keep forgetting!  :facepalm:
Minding my P's & Q's in Portreath

Ouryve

« Reply #59 on: April 29, 2022, 20:36:44 PM »
OK. I give up. My photos will not insert into my post. I've used chrome on my phone and laptop and logged in on both firefox and Edge and nothing happens when I select "Insert attachment"

What a waste of time. :headbang: