The Sewing Place

What lies beneath - Undies and sleepwear contest (photos by 4th May)

SewRuthieSews

Re: What lies beneath - Undies and sleepwear contest (photos by 4th May)
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2022, 21:10:29 PM »
@Ouryve sorry you are having such a frustrating time.
I don't do my pictures in this way so will take a bit for me to work out what the problem is.
I'm sure we can get it sorted out.

Cheers Ruthie

b15erk

« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2022, 21:16:12 PM »
Your pictures are beautiful @Ouryve !  I can see them perfectly - and I want to make some knickers now!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2022, 21:20:29 PM »
@Kenora, please just attach the photos to the post, using attach: Choose file
I can use them in that format so don't worry

Ouryve

« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2022, 21:35:13 PM »
I can attach them but can't insert them into the post from the attachments. I don't know if the files are too big - I already turn down the quality when I take photos for here and crop off anything unnecessary. I tried renaming them, while I had my laptop out but that made no difference.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2022, 21:41:38 PM »
Just attach for now, as I can then link them for the voting thread :-)

Ouryve

« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2022, 21:51:22 PM »
Thanks @SewRuthieSews. I've ruled out file size with a small pic and I even nabbed one of your bralette pics. I'm thoroughly baffled @Mr Twingo

I shall copy everything back over, tomorrow, with a clear head. Now, though, I'm going to open a bottle of wine and watch some Stormester.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Iminei

« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2022, 08:15:16 AM »
So @Ouryve @SewRuthieSews

You can, using Attachments and other options, upload the files you want to your post but it wont let you Insert Attachment into the text ??

Can you send the pics to me via the Iminei@thesewingplace.org.uk address ???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Ouryve

« Reply #67 on: April 30, 2022, 08:34:22 AM »
@Iminei I can attach photos to the bottom of the post but the (insert attachment 0) link does diddly squat. I know some code is supposed to appear where the cursor is but I get nothing.

realale

« Reply #68 on: April 30, 2022, 08:38:48 AM »
@Ouryve I had that problem with my diary entry of my tunic. I'd never had a problem before & have used it frequently so think there may be a glitch somewhere?
So many beers, so little time.

Ouryve

« Reply #69 on: April 30, 2022, 13:17:44 PM »
This is my entry: Ouryve

TaTB Iris knickers in mid and high rise, both with mid leg opening plus a matching vest using a free pattern off the So, Zo, What do you know blog.

This was the first time I used fold over elastic so it took some getting used to and I found it hard on my hands. The Jersey was also not as stretchy as I had hoped and was a little wonky, so I had to work around that. The crotch lining is cut from an old t-shirt!

I wasn't happy with the open crotch lining front so I added a seam allowance and worked out how to secure it.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #70 on: April 30, 2022, 14:30:31 PM »
@Ouryve thanks for attaching those pics, they are very neatly and beautifully done - impressive!

Ouryve

« Reply #71 on: April 30, 2022, 14:43:13 PM »
Thanks, @SewRuthieSews, I'm very much in my comfort zone with Jersey but have actively dodged stitch on elastic of any sort, before now!

Flobear

« Reply #72 on: April 30, 2022, 16:55:38 PM »
I am out of my comfort zone with jersey. Have made 2 practice plackets before committing myself. Good thing Saturday is a rubbish telly night!
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Flobear

« Reply #73 on: April 30, 2022, 21:06:39 PM »
I'm all placketed out now  :[

There are a few edges to finish off tomorrow but I've had enough for today. I'm having an early night soon because I want to get up for the dawn chorus tomorrow morning. Just a bit of washing up to do and dogs to send out for night-night wees.
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Helen M

« Reply #74 on: April 30, 2022, 21:22:49 PM »
Well I've finished the nightdress.  :faints:

Photos will follow, we still have until 4th May to post is that still correct?
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55