The Sewing Place

Sewing for Pleasure NEC

realale

Sewing for Pleasure NEC
« on: March 15, 2022, 14:06:06 PM »
Sewing for Pleasure is on at the NEC from 17th - 20th March. I'm going to go on Thursday all being well and trains playing nicely.
Is anyone else thinking of going?
There are three linked shows:
The Creative Craft Show
Fashion & Embroidery
Sewing for Pleasure
So there should be something interesting to see. I've also penciled in Saturday if I enjoy it so much but that is much more nebulous.
I want to look at new embroidery machines and overlockers. Not to buy just yet   :P but to have a play and see what I think. I'm looking forward to it.
So many beers, so little time.

Pearl

Re: Sewing for Pleasure NEC
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2022, 16:33:02 PM »
@realale , I’m going on Thursday!  I will put my TSP badge on my blue Bargello bag!  Look out for me!!!

Lowena

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2022, 16:49:29 PM »
You won't miss @Pearl , @realale  she's the pretty girl with lustrous dark hair ...... and a "posh  brummy" accent  :laughing:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Lilian

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2022, 17:15:43 PM »
@Lowena are you laughing at the "posh brummie" accent?  I have the same accent  :rolleyes:  :laughing:
Willing but not always able :)

Lowena

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2022, 17:52:03 PM »
Qui moi @Lilian ?? Would I dare?? I'm in awe of a " posh " anything accent. I speak " Estuary English " with a Dagenham accent......as in.....Sara Pasco, Stacey Solomon and ( for the more mature ) Sandie Shaw  :laughing:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

realale

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2022, 18:01:13 PM »
Don't forget I'm a black country wench so my accent is pure and clear!!  :laughing: :laughing:
@Pearl with my bright red hair & patchwork waistcoat you'll probably see me first and be able to hide  :P
Perhaps we could meet up for a while in between our drooling over fabric/habby/exhibitors/ machines.......

Tamnymore

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2022, 18:03:48 PM »
Lucky you @Pearl and @realale . Should be great
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

realale

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2022, 18:07:47 PM »
I'm looking forward to it!!
I went every year for a long time and only missed out the last few years so excited to be going back. Squeee!! :dance:
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 18:09:25 PM by realale »

Pearl

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2022, 16:05:45 PM »
Have just got home.  The show was quiet and smaller than usual, but I managed to do some shopping.

I went to Sewing for Pleasure and I bought… (love that game)…
Fabric for a dress, fabric for a tunic ( it seems that I haven’t given up dressmaking), a Suffolk Puff maker, a giant spool, some Liberty fat eighths, some snap fasteners, some lace and five fat quarters. 

I met up with @realale , although she hadn’t arrived when we had done the first reccy and were ready for a sit down.  Later, after receiving a text, we saw someone who might be @realale (the bright red hair and patchwork waistcoat were indeed a give away) so we were able to have a brief chat.  I’m sure she’ll share her purchases when she gets home.  Hopefully, her return journey will be smoother than the outward one.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2022, 16:10:59 PM by Pearl »

So Chic

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2022, 16:21:37 PM »
I’m very envious as I didn’t know it was this weekend, I normally receive an email from the organisers but not this year. 
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2022, 16:59:07 PM »
I do miss going to shows.  There used to be one in Brighton which was a good day out.

SingingSinger

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2022, 20:20:37 PM »
I'm considering going tomorrow (Friday). Is it worth the trip?
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Teetering on the Darkside. Owner of vintage machines Singer 201K and Elna Lotus SP (and a Brother Innovis 350SE and Pfaff Ambition 620)

realale

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2022, 20:36:06 PM »
I'm back. Three trains to get home but I wanted to avoid the line that delayed me so much going.
I've had a wonderful day. The exhibition is no where near as big as it used to be but there was enough to keep me happily occupied till almost closing time.
I'll show my purchases tomorrow as I'm off to see hubby at the pub now otherwise I won't see him till the early hours.
I met up with @Pearl after I'd been to the Janome stand and yes, I bought a machine!! Reveal tomorrow  :P I also bought fabric.
There were some good displays but I had a right laugh at the reuse and repurpose one as there on the wall was a coat made from old jeans and I was wearing not only my waistcoat but a coat made from old jeans!! A bit of denim over load on my part but hey, Pearl found me!!  ;)
@SingingSinger I thought it was worth the trip for me. It was just fantastic to see so much sewing stuff and fabric and ideas after the desert of the last two years.
More tomorrow, folks!

Silver Rose

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2022, 21:51:11 PM »
@Pearl and @realale glad you enjoyed your day out, I had to look up Suffolk Puffs, they sound like cakes   :D
Still learning

SingingSinger

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2022, 10:24:15 AM »
Right, I've booked my ticket and will be off very shortly. Hoping to get some inspiration and reignite my sewing mojo!
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Teetering on the Darkside. Owner of vintage machines Singer 201K and Elna Lotus SP (and a Brother Innovis 350SE and Pfaff Ambition 620)