The Sewing Place

Round Bottom Bag aka The Candy Bag

SewCanDad

Round Bottom Bag aka The Candy Bag
« on: March 16, 2022, 16:54:30 PM »
I made this last year for the kidda, long overdue. Just a bit of unbleached muslin and an indelible pen because I'm cheap lol

After that, I decided I needed my own candy bag  :thumb:

Kid was chuffed to bits so I at least scored some brownie points with her and also a candy bar or two  :)

BrendaP

Re: Round Bottom Bag aka The Candy Bag
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2022, 18:27:49 PM »
That's superb!  I love that you put your own design onto it.  Not cheapskate at all, there's a lot of love, time and skill invested in that bag.
 :perfect10:
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

HenriettaMaria

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2022, 18:38:10 PM »
Gorgeous graphics!  And great bag - it's what we in the UK used to call a duffle bag, I think.

I like your mechanical pencil - I inherited a couple of ones identical to yours from my late father (he taught technical drawing at secondary schools).  I use have one on my desk right now.  Just using it reminds me of Dad.

SewCanDad

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2022, 18:50:58 PM »
That's superb!  I love that you put your own design onto it.  Not cheapskate at all, there's a lot of love, time and skill invested in that bag.
 :perfect10:

Much thanks, I'll have to show my kidda the reply. Maybe I'll get another bar of choccy  :D

Sara-S

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2022, 18:55:45 PM »
I think the bag looks fantastic. And your drawing is wonderful. But I misread your post & thought you used an “inedible” pen.
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

SewCanDad

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2022, 18:57:58 PM »
Gorgeous graphics!  And great bag - it's what we in the UK used to call a duffle bag, I think.

I like your mechanical pencil - I inherited a couple of ones identical to yours from my late father (he taught technical drawing at secondary schools).  I use have one on my desk right now.  Just using it reminds me of Dad.

I thought the graphics were fitting and the kid thought it was funny. I call these drawstring bags myself but I am clueless at times. I was born & bred in the UK (Scotland), been here in Canada since 2008 ;)

You can't beat the mechanical pencils, have been using these since a kidda myself at school (tech drawing). Glad you keep to keep your Dad's, will still be good to pass onto your own kids ;)

Thanks for comment.

SewCanDad

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2022, 18:59:36 PM »
I think the bag looks fantastic. And your drawing is wonderful. But I misread your post & thought you used an “inedible” pen.

Lol once tried one, but teeth said "no" lol Thank you for the comment.

Lilian

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2022, 19:19:41 PM »
That candy bag is simply beautiful @SewCanDad and you drew your own design, excellent!  :perfect10:
Willing but not always able :)

SewCanDad

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2022, 19:30:26 PM »
That candy bag is simply beautiful @SewCanDad and you drew your own design, excellent!  :perfect10:

Much thanks Lilian. Yes, that's my own design. Was originally made using Illustrator but was easy enough to transfer to fabric.

realale

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2022, 20:03:13 PM »
Wow those graphics are incredible.  :perfect10: What fabulous bags, no wonder your daughter was pleased.
So many beers, so little time.

Lachica

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2022, 20:34:33 PM »
They're great bags, you're a skilled artist.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Bill

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2022, 00:04:56 AM »
Job well done. Those round bottom bags can be tricky to do and your graphics are top notch.
As others have said, the time, effort and thought that goes into making something personal for another is priceless.
It's a nice feeling when the kiddies admire our efforts  :)
Bernina 570QE (Bernie)     1937 Singer 201k (sally)
The best advice I can give you, is don't take advice from me
Don't follow me, I do stupid things

Kwaaked

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2022, 03:06:54 AM »
I love it. Did you create the bag pattern, too?

SewCanDad

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2022, 12:11:27 PM »
@realale, @Lachica, @Bill Much thanks for the comments, appreciated.

@Kwaaked Thanks and yes, the pattern(s) were done by me in different sizes.

Iminei

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2022, 13:47:02 PM »
BLIMEY! We've an Artist in our midst ... Wonderful Brava!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again