The Sewing Place

What are you working on?

fajita

Re: What are you working on?
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2017, 15:00:52 PM »
I had a little play with my panda pop shapes (clamshells?). I found turning over a small hem on the curves offputtingly fiddly. I found that putting two pieces of material together, face to face,  and sewing the curve gave a much quicker, though more material costly, result. And if you draw them all out on your material and then sew them, insread of one by one, it's quicker. Pinking shears to trim the folded edge helps the fold be unobtrusive.

Here are my attempted bits, just placed together, not sewn. Scrap pieces used, so don't fret about colour combinations.

Vegegrow

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2017, 16:13:05 PM »
I've printed off this template. I'm going to have a go at making just one or two, just to see how tricky it is to press those curved seams. If it's not too bad I will head over to the sewing quarter to see if there is a video for their panda pops quilt.

Don't know if you've found the Sewing Quarter panda pops Youtube but Jo Carter did a nifty little trick with some foil to press round the curves
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

fajita

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2017, 16:22:46 PM »
Thanks, yes I did see the foil thing, but thought it's fine for one or two items, but for loads of them it'd be a right faff. I had a bit more play. Want to see?

Vegegrow

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2017, 20:01:43 PM »
Thanks, yes I did see the foil thing, but thought it's fine for one or two items, but for loads of them it'd be a right faff. I had a bit more play. Want to see?

lovely ... :)
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Sakar

« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2017, 13:38:09 PM »
I need a new bag for my guitar, so here is a progress shot... :)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 22:24:26 PM by Sakar »

Iminei

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2017, 14:45:58 PM »
Love your flooring S...is it Wenge ???
Is this off topic ???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Sakar

« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2017, 17:41:53 PM »
Yes, it's off topic ;) But no, it's simple laminate flooring.

Here is the next progress shot...