The Sewing Place

How to add a quote from a previous response to a thread?

Alikat

How to add a quote from a previous response to a thread?
« on: March 23, 2022, 19:09:12 PM »
When you are following a thread and want to refer to a particular persons answer I have seen a coloured box appear with the quotation - how do you do this please?

Lowena

Re: How to add a quote from a previous response to a thread?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 19:11:38 PM »
@Alikat top left of the post is a green box marked Actions.  ( opposite Like button ) Click it and one of the drop down options is quote
« Last Edit: March 23, 2022, 19:28:33 PM by Lowena »
Triumph of hope over experience :D

BrendaP

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 19:45:19 PM »
@Alikat top left of the post is a green box marked Actions.  ( opposite Like button ) Click it and one of the drop down options is quote

Remember to write your reply after the [/quote] at the bottom, otherwise your reply will look like it's part of the original quote.

Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Ploshkin

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2022, 23:10:13 PM »
Another way to do it is to highlight and copy the bit you want to quote then in the reply box click on the square speech bubble icon and paste the copied text between the two sets of square brackets
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 08:44:22 AM by Iminei »
Life's too short for ironing.

Alikat

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2022, 23:55:24 PM »

I think i've got it, thank you.

Lowena

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2022, 23:57:57 PM »
Perfecto!  :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Iminei

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2022, 08:46:19 AM »
how do you do this please?

I just copy and paste the bit I want to reply to and bold and italicise it to indicate its not my text
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Mr Twingo

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2022, 08:26:05 AM »
I do it a different way, which allows for multiple quotes to be included.

Just click the regular [Reply] button at the bottom of the page. When the box appears for you to type in, scroll down the page and you'll see a option labelled Insert Quote at the top right of every previous reply. I've attached a screenshot.

You'll be able to do things like this:

I just copy and paste the bit I want to reply to and bold and italicise it to indicate its not my text

That's one way.

I think i've got it, thank you.

You're welcome!

And that's another way.

Iminei

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2022, 08:30:25 AM »
I do it a different way, which allows for multiple quotes to be included.

Just click the regular [Reply] button at the bottom of the page. When the box appears for you to type in, scroll down the page and you'll see a option labelled Insert Quote at the top right of every previous reply. I've attached a screenshot.

You'll be able to do things like this:

That's one way.

You're welcome!

And that's another way.

It works! Wow!!! Whouldve thunk it! Every days a schoolday!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again