The Sewing Place

Janome 550e

realale

Janome 550e
« on: March 23, 2022, 19:49:55 PM »
So she arrived this morning and I unpacked everything checked it off and had an experiment. First off was winding a bobbin, then threading then I practised with some of the on board designs. Had a play and fiddle with all the icons on the display.  I also studiously watched the DVD that came with it.  :angel:
The USBs from my 350e dont work straight away, they have to be reformatted. I thought that might be the case. No big deal. I loaded an embroidery on to a newly formatted USB  and stitched it out. No purpose in mind, just trying it out - I do have plenty of thread and fabric after all!!  0_0
Hubby came back from his trip interrupting me and I thought it had gone dark early until I realised it was 7pm and not 5 as I thought.  :embarrassed: Think I might have been enjoying myself too much.  :D
Overall I am very pleased so far. Now I want to make a cover and a mat......
So many beers, so little time.

Bumblebuncher

Re: Janome 550e
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2022, 20:51:09 PM »
Looks like a very lovely new toy  :D
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2022, 21:24:39 PM »
Shiny!   :loveit:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Diane

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2022, 06:37:34 AM »
Ooh that looks rather nice  :loveit: and correct me if I’m wrong but it doesn’t look as huge as the brother v3
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

b15erk

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2022, 08:08:26 AM »
Oh my word, what a fab looking machine!  Look forward to seeing you put it through its paces @realale !

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Iminei

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2022, 08:16:43 AM »
How big was that lovely design (and why dont brother have such nice onboard designs?? :angry: )
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Cazlyn

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2022, 08:27:34 AM »
Looks great @realale enjoy playing with your new toy.
Crafting is my happy place

Silver Rose

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2022, 08:39:36 AM »
Lovely machine, enjoy using it.
Still learning

realale

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2022, 08:44:49 AM »
Ooh that looks rather nice  :loveit: and correct me if I’m wrong but it doesn’t look as huge as the brother v3
It's certainly not the biggest machine out there. I don't know the Brother v3 so can't compare. It was only too big for the space I had my 350e which caused all the upheaval!!

realale

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2022, 09:01:29 AM »
How big was that lovely design (and why dont brother have such nice onboard designs?? :angry: )
That was a free design from Kreative Kiwi on their facebook page to celebrate something or other. It's about 5" x 6" Easy to grab if you want it. It's in the file archives along with others. All stitch out nicely.
I'm thinking of making a cover for the machine and putting that design on the cover. Rather apt I thought.
If you haven't had a look at Kreative Kiwi I do recommend them for in the hoop stuff and they have loads of freebies

Iminei

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2022, 09:04:49 AM »
Thank you @realale  ... skedaddles off to see ...

Mmmmmnnn LOTS of free designs but not that one!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2022, 09:13:30 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2022, 09:27:35 AM »
Ooooh,  have fun @realale  0_0

Gernella

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2022, 09:38:33 AM »
I love new toys to play with, enjoy yourself @realale  you deserve it.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Celia

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2022, 09:45:32 AM »
What a smart looking machine, I do like the machines that dont need an extra unit added to do the embroideries.

Couldn’t resist looking at the embroideries you spoke of, I found this one @Iminei not quite the same but i do like it.
https://www.kreativekiwiembroidery.co.nz/product/Free-In-the-hoop-Sewing-Machine-Mug-Rug.html

realale

« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2022, 09:46:56 AM »
Thank you @realale  ... skedaddles off to see ...

Mmmmmnnn LOTS of free designs but not that one!
For that one you need to join their facebook page, once accepted go to the 'files' tab and go down the drop down menu until you get to the link 'Happy place' (I think, this is from memory!!) then you can download it from there. There are a few on there, including a whole raft of sports themed ones called 1000 freebie and some coasters.