The Sewing Place

Is anyone making a quilt?

rubywishes

Re: Is anyone making a quilt?
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2022, 23:39:26 PM »

Oh they are all so lovely...what clever clogs you all are! :love:
I have finished the blocks for my scrappy quilt but am procrastinating in fine fashion over which method of quilting, ergo basting I want to do. The blocks are sewn together in 4s and pressed and are now languishing/sitting under my heavy laminated flat boards waiting for a decision to be made. I am hankering to do it QAYG with some fmq but am unsure whether the sashing will interfere with the pattern. I have googled QAYG without sashing as an alternative but am left lukewarm by the procedures all of which involve hand sewing  :x. I could replace the hand sewing with machine stitching but the straight lines will stand out like dogs testes against the fm pattern I want to do.  So it's a stalemate at the moment. I might play with different coloured sashing to see if that "fits in" any better. :thinking:
Until then  I am no closer to starting my dragonfly wall hanging. :rant:
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Sheilago

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2022, 10:43:10 AM »
I’ve finished my giraffe quilt, so here it is. I wish I’d done the green ears a bit darker, but I’m sure whichever baby I give it to will not notice.

As you can see my dog, naturally assumes I’m trying to photo her, whenever I put a quilt on the floor!

:D  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Celia

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2022, 10:44:08 AM »
It’s lovely but I think your dog wants it.

Lowena

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2022, 11:47:46 AM »
Very cute. Well done you  <3
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Lilian

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2022, 19:19:10 PM »
That's a beautiful quilt @Sheilago your dog approves.
Willing but not always able :)

realale

« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2022, 21:09:26 PM »
What a beautiful quilt. I love the colours and the binding.  :thumb:
So many beers, so little time.