The Sewing Place

An hour trying to submit post

Alikat

An hour trying to submit post
« on: March 27, 2022, 16:16:14 PM »
I have spent an hour trying to upload a post on the 'for sale' section. Each time I do it it says "an error has occurred - you have already submitted this post."!
Yet when I look the post is not there. (this is the first time I have tried a post with a photo attached) . Any ideas please?

WildAtlanticWay

Re: An hour trying to submit post
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2022, 17:13:09 PM »
Do you pay as a subscriber as I think only subscribers can upload photos?

Lowena

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2022, 17:18:15 PM »
Yes @Alikat is a subscriber.
I've been getting that message a lot plus the site being very slow to load. Do you know anything @Iminei ( as Mr T is I'll )?
Triumph of hope over experience :D

SewCanDad

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2022, 18:51:32 PM »
I also experience very slow loading times and sometimes times out leaving me unable to access the site.

Lowena

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2022, 19:22:50 PM »
Don't forget the Life Raft on Facebook folks  :grouphug:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Iminei

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2022, 09:25:07 AM »
Good morning and Im sorry you've been having issues ... Do you notice that the weekends are the most likely time to experience this?

This is because ... as I've said before .. we are sharing a house (a hosting platform) ... each person (website) has their own room but we all share the kitchen/bathroom etc and when some selfish bugger (website) invites all their mates over for the weekend/day there's no hot water/space in the kitchen (broadband width) left for anybody else and we and other T websites experience problems.

Unfortunately when we moan to the landlord (hosting agent) they will invariably ask if We've invited all the people round (done anything to cause the problem) and when they come round to inspect (try the website) all the selfish git's friends will have left (it will be fine).

Overall since the Maintenance (?) or Migration (no ones told me which) I think the site has been better but until we upgrade twill ever be thus.

@Mr Twingo @Acorn  (yes I know youre not an admin anymore but you do have more knowledge about this than I)
Did I get this Right/Wrong???
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2022, 09:30:14 AM »
 :thumb: 
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Celia

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2022, 09:35:38 AM »
On a purely personal note I have sometimes found if I turn off the internet on my iPad and then turn the iPad of completely  then turn on the iPad and then the internet in that order it seems to help considerably for a time.  It also works on the phone not sure about computers etc.

Just thought I would -ost this in case it helps someelse

BrendaP

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2022, 10:03:26 AM »
As I understand it if the problem is at your end and it's the device that's misbehaving turning it right off, couning to ten and turning on again will often sort it.  If the problem is your internet connection (and it comes in via a BT line) you have to turn that off and leave it for about half an hour before turning on again.  Reason for that is that the BT system is on an automatic scanning cycle which takes 20+ minutes to complete, so it has to have a chance to get to you, detect a problem and then reset itself.  I don't know if other systems are the same but one would hope that they are.

On the other hand if the problem is at the website end, ie TSP running slowly when all other websites are OK, then there's not much us ordinary users can do about it - other than let the mods know and jump on the FB liferaft.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Ellabella

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2022, 10:19:01 AM »
Very good analogy @Iminei  I may have to use it to explain to my numpty DH why we sometimes get buffering on the tv, usually on the rare occasions when he wants to watch something.

I also didn’t realise about BT needing 20mins, I’ve always pulled the plug out, waited about 10secs and got things going again.

It’s amazing what you can learn on a sewing forum   :thumb:

Celia

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2022, 18:34:54 PM »
If you are using Virgin it is only about a minute to reset but best give it a little longer

BrendaP

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2022, 19:11:14 PM »

I also didn’t realise about BT needing 20mins, I’ve always pulled the plug out, waited about 10secs and got things going again.

I learned that when talking to my ISP - a real live person living just the other side of the River Thames in Southend - when I lost my internet connection after the storms last month.  If it's an individual piece of equipment such as a router or a tablet or  whatever tuning off for a few seconds will usually work, but if it's the signal from the incoming phone line you need to leave longer to be sure that it goes through the monitoring cycle.  A shorter time might be enough, but it might not be.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Alikat

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2022, 00:28:21 AM »
Thank you - there's a few things for me to try!

Mr Twingo

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2022, 22:03:52 PM »
Regarding the issue of not being able to post – @Alikat , I have seen this issue before and my memory hints at it being to do with how quickly you make successive posts. To prevent spamming, there is a minimum time required between posts.

I've just checked, and the minimum time between posts on TSP is 5 seconds.  :thinking:

charley

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2022, 22:51:00 PM »
The TSP forum is very slow to respond most days, even just reading various posts. I log on, read some of the posts without a problem, then I get the circle of doom that lasts for about 5 minutes or so. Then, after about 5 minutes, it will be ok again for another period of time. This does not happen with any other forum sites, for example, Felt and Fibre forum, that I visit on a regular basis.