The Sewing Place

An hour trying to submit post

Hummingbird

Re: An hour trying to submit post
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2022, 08:58:58 AM »
I log in at least once a day - usually at around 8.30am and have not experienced any problems accessing the forum or posting.
(laptop with Windows 10 and Firefox connecting via home broadband, I endeavour to keep Windows and my browser updated.)
I fully appreciate that does not help those with issues, but it does not seem to be that everyone is having probems.

Ouryve

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2022, 09:10:08 AM »
That's when most Americans are asleep. Everything on the Internet is smoother, then, unless it's down for maintenance while Americans sleep!
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Mr Twingo

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2022, 11:15:13 AM »
At work we have a super-fast dedicated fibre link for our internet. I often experience issues with sites not loading correctly (missing graphics, only basic old-school HTML display), even in the early morning before anyone else has arrived and logged on.

Possible solutions:
• refreshing the page (F5 on Windows, ⌘R on the Mac).
• restarting Firefox (or whatever browser you use).
• try a different browser
• clear your browser cache (found in 'settings')

If TSP is down, all visitors will experience the problem.

------------

If you think of the internet as a network of roads, then you'll understand that there are many different routes you can take to reach a destination. If one road is blocked, you can usually take a diversion. Sometimes, that's not possible, so you just have to wait for the blockage to clear.

« Last Edit: March 30, 2022, 11:31:11 AM by Mr Twingo »

SewCanDad

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2022, 17:49:31 PM »
I think the host server needs to be upgraded? I may be across the pond but this is the only site I have issues with on a regular basis and use sites all over the globe. I've tried a couple of times to makes posts, only to give up sadly  :sorry:

Mr Twingo

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2022, 20:14:16 PM »
I think the host server needs to be upgraded? I may be across the pond but this is the only site I have issues with on a regular basis and use sites all over the globe. I've tried a couple of times to makes posts, only to give up sadly  :sorry:

There are a few things need looking at, but each has ramifications for another. The forum software, MySQL server, and PHP all need to be upgraded to the latest versions, but doing so will break some features of the forum. I'm beavering away in the background setting up a test environment to ensure that when we do upgrade, it will be as trouble free as possible.