The Sewing Place

FOR SALE - Variegated Embroidery Threads

Iminei

FOR SALE - Variegated Embroidery Threads
« on: April 03, 2022, 08:10:08 AM »
15 spools of variegated embroidery threads
Various colourways, Earthen tones, Pastels, Primaries, Neutrals ...

£25.00 + £5.00 for TSP members only

a bit of a pic n mix selection. Ive stitched out each colourway and wrapped the result round the relevant spool so you know what youre getting. Theres also a pic of one spool stitched out on a label 

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Advertised on FA at £35 (inc P&P)
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lilian

Re: FOR SALE - Variegated Embroidery Threads
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2022, 19:42:24 PM »
@Iminei I recognise that label, it's the one you just did for my quilt. It is beautiful thread. I was going to ask you what thread you used.
Willing but not always able :)

charley

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2022, 20:16:05 PM »
@Iminei are these threads just for an embroidery machine, or can the be used with a regular sewing machine - free motion embroidery?

If these can be used on a sewing machine I would like them, but not if only for an embroidery machine (I don't have one).

Iminei

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2022, 08:41:17 AM »
These are, Im afraid @charley , definitely machine embroidery threads which are by their nature very fine so as to enable you to stitch multiple  'passes' of thread without becoming a thick mess.

Heres a post about them from July last year ....

Well I wanted to have a play yesterday and try a design bundle I bought a while ago ...
I also wanted to try a variegated thread but the Madeira ones, as well as only being on 200m spools, have only got a 3 colour variegation.

I remembered I bought a set of 14 V. threads a long time ago but had found them to be very thin ... yes they were Machine embroidery threads ... so had never really used them.

These threads are very interesting ... Most of the bands round them others 'Classic' and 'Guaranteed Fast Colour' ... some say 'Art Silk Embroidery Thread' as well and there is just one whose band  says 'VICO Chiken' ...  'Manufacturer Sultan Traders ... Plot no F499A S.I.T.E. Karachi' !!!!

No colourway on the reels so I took one loaded up the design, gasped when he told me it was a 75 minute stitch out and proceeded ... tentatively as Elvistoo has only sewn with Madiera and Marathon before to stitch.

After the stitchout ended I had two more squirlies and called it good ... Its an enormous 20" square and I thought it might look nice on a nice quality pillowcase .. but maybe not that bright ... The other threads, again with no indication of colour vary from more subtle to strong

and this is the thread that stitched it ...

« Last Edit: April 04, 2022, 08:58:32 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

charley

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2022, 20:33:32 PM »
Thank you anyway @Iminei. Glad I asked first.