The Sewing Place

Latest projects...

ScubaGirl

Latest projects...
« on: April 08, 2022, 11:05:05 AM »
Ok, thought I should share... I've been sewing a few things, but I don't have pics of it all. And some are toiles that need to be adjusted to get it right.  Anyway, I love this new blouse pattern (new=first time i made it). It's the Norma Blouse from Fibre Mood. And the fabric is local, and I love that this fabric is very affordable.

Also as I am a diver, I make my own socks to wear under my neoprene boots. And now many of my friends want them so I'm sewing for them too...haha. They're super easy to whip up. But sourcing swim fabric here in Borneo isn't easy.

Ohsewsimple

Re: Latest projects...
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 11:13:16 AM »
That looks a nice useful blouse.  Thought you might be wearing the socks with the outfit! :laughing:

Bumblebuncher

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 11:16:08 AM »
I love that blouse! What are the socks made from?
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Lachica

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2022, 11:16:59 AM »
Lovely!
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

realale

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2022, 12:05:27 PM »
Looking good. I like the socks especially!!  0_0
So many beers, so little time.

ScubaGirl

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2022, 13:10:50 PM »
Thanks. The blouse is nice and loose for the hot climate I live in.

@Bumblebuncher the socks are made of swim fabric. They're meant to use when I'm scuba diving. They make putting on neoprene wetsuits and boots easier, and help avoid rubbing.

Helen M

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2022, 20:23:29 PM »
Love your Norma blouse @ScubaGirl! I made mine into a dress with a tiered skirt having seen one on Instagram. The blouse even has its own Instagram page!
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55