The Sewing Place

The Textile Centre - suffering withdrawal symptoms

Sewnow

The Textile Centre - suffering withdrawal symptoms
« on: April 12, 2022, 12:41:03 PM »
I have realised I must've been a bit addicted to The Textile Centre - they have temporarily closed to reorganise their stock, according to their website, and the reopening date keeps moving forward. I do hope they are OK as they are absolutely lovely with incredible customer service and I dread to think what I've (very happily) spent with them over the years.
If there are any fellow TTC fans reading, do you know of anywhere else (online) that can compare in terms of range and price? Minerva seems closest on range, but I haven't seen anywhere to match TTC in terms of value for money.
I have plenty to be going on with but fabric browsing is all part of the fun of sewing!

maliw

Re: The Textile Centre - suffering withdrawal symptoms
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2022, 14:37:47 PM »
One of my favourite go-to places, the website has been down for ages. I thought at one time that they had gone for good. :(
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

So Chic

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 16:00:32 PM »
I’ve had a look at the Companies House website and it appears The Textile Centre went into voluntary liquidation last November.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

Sewnow

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2022, 17:15:42 PM »
Oh no  :cry:. That's terrible news! I have been keeping everything crossed that they had some stuff going on and needed some time out. I did message them back in Feb (?) as I missed them! They've always been so helpful, but I haven't heard back so perhaps that's it. Thanks so much for letting me know, I didn't think to check Companies House. I hope they will reappear in some guise or other.

So Chic

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2022, 16:17:22 PM »
@Sewnow   I've had another look and a website popped up but it seems that one has to log in to gain any more information or it gives a list of their shops.  Is it possible that there are two companies with the same name?
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

Sewnow

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2022, 16:37:20 PM »
@So Chic , I don't know about that, but I do hope they'll be back to online trading. They appear to still have bricks and mortar shops operating, I'd assumed it was just the one company. As I said earlier I did email them back in Feb using an address I'd previously used to correspond with them but haven't had a reply. I think waiting and hoping will be my strategy  :rolleyes:

Helen M

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2022, 17:17:56 PM »
@Sewnow   I've had another look and a website popped up but it seems that one has to log in to gain any more information or it gives a list of their shops.  Is it possible that there are two companies with the same name?

I think there might be @So Chic. When I read this thread yesterday something made me think that I once found 2 but it was quite a while ago now.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 72

maliw

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2022, 17:52:46 PM »
Just been to have a look on eBay - it did say they would be back 13 April, now says 11th May, not looking good.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

BrendaP

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2022, 18:00:34 PM »
 :cry:

It's not looking good.  They were one of my favourites too.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.