The Sewing Place

Sewing for a baby

b15erk

Re: Sewing for a baby
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2017, 11:59:01 AM »
LaChica they are lovely!  Isn't it fun having a girly to sew for!  Your fabrics are beautiful!

What's next on the list?  :)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Samantha

« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2017, 10:40:20 AM »
Wow so much! It's all lovely. I especially like the flamingo print items - today I am wearing a dress in  the pink version of that fabric  :D

Surest1tch

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2017, 15:04:42 PM »
You are so lucky having babies to sew for, I love all your designs.

Lyn-J

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2017, 17:51:23 PM »
Oh wow! beautiful garments, sewing for babies is such fun isn't it?

Fabric Lover

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2017, 09:13:40 AM »
Wow Mary you've made a lot when you see them all together! When is Grandchild no 2 due?
 :x
Stitching in Staffordshire with Style! (Well hopefully anyway)

Lachica

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2017, 23:44:19 PM »
Thanks for all the kind comments. I am enjoying making these little things. Grandchild no 2 due Nov 5 so I should be well practised by then.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Lachica

« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2017, 15:23:16 PM »
Photo of the long-leg rompers. I folded out about 6cm of fullness from each piece, back & front, tapering to nothing at the base of the tucks. I think these patterns were designed to fit around a terry nappy. A column of hearts was embroidered along the 2 outside tuck lines. This coordinates with the teal/white hat. I used plastic poppers which I recently discovered and HAD to have in my stash. They're ideal for babywear & very easy to insert, no messing around with hammers and plastic dies.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 15:25:39 PM by Lachica »
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.