The Sewing Place

BST - fabric shop

So Chic

BST - fabric shop
« on: April 15, 2022, 16:39:48 PM »
Has anybody used this company either visiting or on line?  I want to make pyjama trousers for my OH and they seem to have a good selection of brushed cotton suitable for men.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

Surest1tch

Re: BST - fabric shop
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2022, 16:48:25 PM »
I have but it was a long time ago, they were very good as I recall.

HenriettaMaria

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2022, 12:58:12 PM »
I finally finished DS's brushed cotton tartan PJ collection yesterday (one jacket, three trousers and one shorts).  All in the same batch of fabric that I got from https://www.online-fabrics.co.uk/

Their service was good, the fabric ideal for soft snuggly PJs and they will let you have a decent-sized swatch for a small fee before you commit.

Mostly checks on offer but they do have some plains too.

So Chic

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2022, 18:12:10 PM »
@HenriettaMaria 
 I’ve had a look at the website you suggested and I will order from them.  By the way will 2 metres be enough for a pair of men’s pyjama trousers or should I go for 2.5 metres?  My OH is about 6ft. tall and normally takes a large to fit him round the middle.
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

FrancesL

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2022, 10:07:25 AM »
I've used BST both for online orders and in person. They have a good selection of fabrics at reasonable prices.

The store is about 40 minutes from home so I usually combine it with a trip first to DD's (then she usually takes me as she knows the roads better than me)
Frances

HenriettaMaria

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2022, 12:00:56 PM »
I didn't get all four pieces cut out across the width of the fabric.  I managed three - the pattern matching means you can't just abut them like you could on a plain fabric.

If you're using plain, measure the pieces across the widest bit, ie, the crotch line, add those widths and that will tell you if you can get them out of a 150cm width.

Andymat

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2022, 10:54:53 AM »
See my post about BST Fabrics here

Not bought on line with them as I live local but have a good selection of fabric.