The Sewing Place

The Bunny Block

Sara-S

The Bunny Block
« on: April 19, 2022, 18:28:09 PM »
I decided to sew the bunny block today. I had gotten an email, linking to a video for this   The video I saw had good instructions and the pattern & directions I downloaded were easy to follow.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

The hardest part was doing the little snowball corners around the bunny’s ears.  But the video gave a good tip for working with such small pieces (just 1” x 1”). They suggested using a dab of glue in the outer corner of each square before you sew it on.  I used a bit of household glue stick. It doesn’t matter much what you use, since that corner gets cut off anyway.

Though the block has a lot of pieces, its overall size is large (about 16” x 10”) so you wouldn’t need that many for a quilt.
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

Cazlyn

Re: The Bunny Block
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2022, 08:20:33 AM »
Very cute, I like your fabrics.
Crafting is my happy place

Sara-S

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2022, 18:11:20 PM »
Thanks. Since it came out good, it will become part of a wall hanging for DH’s aunt.  She loves my sewing.

Sara-S

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2022, 17:15:55 PM »
Thanks @Cazlyn   I have embroidered “Happy Easter”. On the bottom & made a backing from the same blue fabric.  I will do the edge binding tomorrow when I get the bias tape I need for it. (All that I have in the house is too wide.). Pics when it’s done.

Sara-S

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 13:17:03 PM »
It’s done!  The binding was challenging as I don’t normally use bias tape this narrow. Of course, I see every mistake (don’t we all?) but I am pleased with it, overall.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Sara-S

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2022, 12:33:41 PM »
I know it’s been a while, but here is a little follow-up. We eventually got around to mailing it. Aunt Marion loved it!
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 14:28:03 PM by Sara-S »