The Sewing Place

SSssshhh! Bunting....

b15erk

SSssshhh! Bunting....
« on: April 22, 2022, 13:55:51 PM »
I hope @DementedFairy isn't listening in, but I've decided to make some bunting.

I needed a quick and easy project, as I don't know how long at a time my eyes will hold up.  So far though, with a great deal of snivveling and bathing of eyes, I've managed a few triangles.  The biggest challenge by far was threading the O/L...

We (not us personally) as a street, are having a party for her Maj's birthday, and as OH would sooner stick pins in his eyes, I thought I would make a bunting contribution...  The neighbours don't know yet, but we are hoping to get away to Southport for an overnighter - I doubt we'll be missed!  :laughing: The bunting will be by way of our apology... :rolleyes:

I've managed to find lots of red,white and blue scraps - even some Union flag fabric, so I will set to, and hopefully the neighbours will accept our Bunting apology... :rolleyes:

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

DementedFairy

Re: SSssshhh! Bunting....
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2022, 14:27:01 PM »
I wasn't listening but I got an alert email lol

*Shakes fist at bunting-land*  :devil:

**shakes two fists at royal shenanigans**  :fish: :devil:

Anyway, hoping I'll be getting sewing active again in a couple of months.  Cataract op #1 scheduled for next Tuesday, cataract #2 should be dealt with within a couple of months after that.  Barring possible complications due to some retinal trouble and suchlike, I may actually be able to dust off the HUGE pile of part sewn and ready to sew stuff in the heap, not to mention the gorgeous fabrics I have still to allocate, and the two amazing Italian wool coats planned for me and the missus.  :scream:

At least getting all this diagnosed explains away the horrible migraines I was struggling with since getting Bell's palsy.

MEANWHILE  I've been struggling with severe stress caused by bullying at work, and I'm trying to get an Asperger's diagnosis which would not only explain away the issues I'm being attacked for, but would protect me from further attack.  :rant:

NHS have failed me, so having to go private [very expensive] Process shouild start next week as well, wish me luck.

Sorry to hijack the bunting BS lol

PS having to sit within 6" of the ruddy PC screen to type this, gah

:* :*

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2022, 14:31:52 PM »
@DementedFairy , how lovely to hear from you - although I rather thought that the mention of bunting may get a reaction! ;)

So sorry to hear about your woes, it sounds as if you've had an awful time of it.

Look forward to hearing of your future sewing adventures - sounds exciting!

Good luck with your treatment, and come back soon - you are missed!  <3

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Lachica

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2022, 14:34:49 PM »
Good to hear from you again @DementedFairy we've missed you. Sorry to hear about your problems but at least your eyes should be sorted soon even if the ASP assessment takes longer.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Lowena

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2022, 15:30:23 PM »
@DementedFairy  :hug:
I'll be fist shaking at the royalrubbish too :D
Triumph of hope over experience :D

DementedFairy

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2022, 16:07:24 PM »
@DementedFairy  :hug:
I'll be fist shaking at the royalrubbish too :D

There's a FB group called 'Royal Nonce Watch' which might be right up your cul-de-sac...
C'est moi!

Greybird

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2022, 16:10:45 PM »
Lovely to hear from you @DementedFairy - and it took bunting to do it! Sorry you've had so many problems - hope the solutions to them go smoothly. As the mother of an ASPer I can confirm that knowing what it is is half the battle for dealing with it.

Surest1tch

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2022, 17:08:40 PM »
Fantastic to hear from you @DementedFairy, hoping you get your eyes sorted ASAP and we get you back here, you are soooooo missed. Good Luck with the op's  :thumb:.

maliw

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2022, 17:18:47 PM »
I've still got a load of bunting I made for the Golden Jubilee, don't know if theres anything going on round here this time as the "organising neighbours" have since moved.
Hello @DementedFairy, lovely to hear from you but sad for all your woes, hope all goes well and come back to us soon.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Tamnymore

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2022, 17:29:41 PM »
Lovely to hear from you @DementedFairy . So it took some bunting waving to lure you out. Sorry you've had all this cr*p but hoping better times are ahead. We've missed you!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2022, 19:02:39 PM »
Nice to hear from you @DementedFairy and hope things start to get better for you. 

@b15erk noooooo not bunting! :faints:

b15erk

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2022, 10:29:20 AM »
I've made about 6 metres of the bunting, but I think more will be needed, so I ventured into town  yesterday to get more fabric.  I found two nice ones, and I've cut out more this morning.  I need to cut out some lining, then I can do some sewing.

I haven't been able to get and suitable tape though, so I'll need a visit to Amazon.  Don't fancy making 10+ mtrs of binding - I value my fingertips!

Pics later...

Jessie

maliw

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2022, 15:33:30 PM »
The bunting I made I turned over the top and threaded it with string using strategic dabs of glue. It has been used three times and is still fine. (String is cheaper than tape ;))
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

b15erk

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2022, 16:07:23 PM »
AAaarrrgghhh!  Too late @maliw !  Ordered from Amazon this morning!   :headbang:

Jessie

Missie

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2022, 10:59:49 AM »
@DementedFairy   lovely to hear from you.  Hope the eye ops go well and looking forward to hearing/seeing those projects.