The Sewing Place

Advice needed!

Bumblebuncher

Re: Advice needed!
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2022, 16:16:36 PM »
The only thing I can add to this is to have a 'zip as a feature' thing going on.  Then you can sew the zip onto the outside and the pocket bits could be hidden within that.  It wouldn't look good though would it  :laughing:
BB
As it neared the top of the grade, it went more slowly. However, it still kept saying, "I—think—I—can, I—think—I—can." It reached the top by drawing on bravery and then went on down the grade, congratulating itself by saying, "I thought I could,  I thought I could."

Esme866

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2022, 18:45:30 PM »
If I were to put pockets in the side seams, I wouldn't use a zip. Could probably be done, but would feel weird. If he's wanting the zip for security, I get it. But if it's for looks, I wonder if he's considered how a zipped pocket feels.

Greybird

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2022, 19:28:03 PM »
I think the zip was for looks and I don't think I'd put it in the side seam. I don't think he'll go for the side seams anyway. I am putting off emailing him for now. Yesterday, his car broke down expensively and his partner, in a different part of the county, hit a pothole in her car, damaging it badly. These two incidents will have put all thoughts of pockets out of his head so I have some leeway before I need to have the conversation with him!