The Sewing Place

Canvas Laundry Bag

SewCanDad

Canvas Laundry Bag
« on: April 27, 2022, 20:46:10 PM »
Hiya, my kid is no different from any other when it comes to dirty clothes lying about  :rolleyes: The good wife showed me a plain laundry bag and I said she wouldn't use it and we weren't paying $80 for one either  :laughing: but then I got thinking  :thinking: what if one had her favourite anime character on it? So I'm hoping this will give her a little bit of motivation to use it. As always ... as cheap as possible  :thumb:

Surest1tch

Re: Canvas Laundry Bag
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 21:47:12 PM »
Nice one  :thumb:, let us know if she does use it.

Lachica

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 22:39:01 PM »
Excellent! Is that a ready made transfer or do you have a transfer cutting machine?
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Ouryve

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2022, 23:35:13 PM »
Looks good.

She might use it if you refuse to wash anything that doesn't land in it (or any other suitable receptacle)
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

SewCanDad

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 00:35:15 AM »
Excellent! Is that a ready made transfer or do you have a transfer cutting machine?

The character was hand drawn (reference from the net). I really need to find some proper pens to do this sort of thing instead of a pen for writing your name on labels  :thinking: Would save a lot of time.

I'll be sure to update if it get's used, probably not  :rolleyes: lol
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 00:39:25 AM by SewCanDad »

Lachica

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2022, 06:46:10 AM »
Wow! Even more credit! Fabric pens are available, the fabric is then ironed to set the colour. I'm not sure you'd get that lovely rich deep black though.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Acorn

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2022, 08:59:53 AM »
You most definitely deserve a decent set of pens!!!   :thumb:
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2022, 09:00:40 AM »
wow hand drawn!

b15erk

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2022, 09:55:44 AM »
I now have Laundry Bag envy!   <3

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ellabella

« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2022, 09:56:39 AM »
You drew that? :faints: :faints:

SewCanDad

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2022, 12:09:00 PM »
Thanks for the kind words  :embarrassed: I like cheap and this was as low cost as I could get it  :) Canvas and muslin are perfect for this sort of thing.
Kidda hasn't used it yet  :boohoo: lol but her friends are already asking for something similar which this time ... is a no because of time involved.
Think I'll put fabric pens on my list to Santy this year ... just in case I'm finally on the good list  :laughing:

Again, thanks for the comments ... much appreciated  :embarrassed:

Gernella

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2022, 12:10:07 PM »
That is absolutely super.  Well done although unlike your wife I would have taken the easy route out and bought one.  Really impressed @SewCanDad
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Silver Rose

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2022, 12:52:06 PM »
Great sewing and excellent drawing skill  :thumb:
Still learning

SewCanDad

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2022, 12:57:40 PM »
That is absolutely super.  Well done although unlike your wife I would have taken the easy route out and bought one.  Really impressed @SewCanDad

I would of bought also once upon a time but now I have the spare time, it's not an issue  :thumb: and many thanks.

realale

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2022, 13:00:10 PM »
That's a really effective drawing @SewCanDad and the bag looks excellent.  :perfect10:
So many beers, so little time.