The Sewing Place

What is Tencel

sewmuchmore

What is Tencel
« on: May 07, 2022, 17:13:35 PM »
Just finished reading this and thought some of you may be interested. Must admit not a fabric i have worked with hence some research.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Acorn

Re: What is Tencel
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2022, 17:18:52 PM »
Thank you - that's very interesting.  I have clothes made from Tencel and like it very much.  I haven't often seen the fabric available though, and I seem to remember that it was fairly expensive when I have.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2022, 17:30:46 PM »
@Acorn I have been looking at Merchant and Mills, they have Tencel Twill, denim and linen. It is about £15 a metre, much more than i would usually pay but feel like treating myself.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2022, 18:43:34 PM »
Thanks for that @sewmuchmore.  I have to say I read  about it some time ago as someone asked me about it.  But nice to refresh my knowledge.  Not seen a lot of it for sale but would be interested. 

Gernella

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2022, 19:10:00 PM »
Only place  I've seen it to remember is Clothspot, they have a few fabrics with this label.  Not bought any yet though.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Surest1tch

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2022, 19:54:54 PM »
Very interesting article, I've never heard of any of the clothing brands they mention though.