The Sewing Place

Wash Away Stabiliser For Embroidery to be used for garment buttonholes

Helen M

Having read a post on Instagram about using a washaway stabiliser for buttonholes on garments I'm wondering if anyone has used this on embroidery and if so where do you get it from?

The post I read was from France and the corresponding item was much more expensive on Amazon UK than Amazon Fr. I also don't think I need as so much of it.

Any info gratefully received!
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

realale

I got my last lot from Amazon but before that I bought mine from the shows I go to - can't remember exactly which stall but think Barnyarns may have been one.
So many beers, so little time.

Helen M

Thank you @realale I know of Barnyarns from the shows will have a look at their site!
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Bodgeitandscarper

Linky - a good source for stabiliser.

If you only want small bits, I think I have a few I can send you.

KayK

Solufleece is the best washaway I have used, it looks a bit like a J cloth & is easy to sew on.  The clear plastic stuff isn’t that good, unless you are using it in a hoop! 
I have learnt by my mistakes: Sewing machines now are Bernina 720, Bernina 1008, Bernina 801 from 1981, Brother overlocker, ancient but works well

Sara-S

Solufleece is the best washaway I have used, it looks a bit like a J cloth & is easy to sew on.  The clear plastic stuff isn’t that good, unless you are using it in a hoop!
What’s is a J cloth?
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.

StitchinTime

@Sara-S A J cloth is a non-woven cleaning cloth - https://www.jcloth.com/

Sara-S

@StitchinTime thanks for the explanation. We use those here too, but we call them Handy-Wipes.
You can't scare me. I taught high school for 32 years.