The Sewing Place

Pound fabrics

Celia

Pound fabrics
« on: May 21, 2022, 17:12:09 PM »
I have just received my first order from Pound fabrics and am very pleased with them so far. I will wash them over the weekend and will report back, I bought 4 pieces. 2 for casual trousers, one for a top and one piece for a quick shopping bag.

Tamnymore

Re: Pound fabrics
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 17:45:28 PM »
Oh yes @Celia I have had some nice pieces from Pound fabrics. Their fabrics are always much cheaper than the same thing elsewhere and they are quick to post. Recently I bought some double gauze with a shell print on and a jazzy linen. I found both fabrics more expensively elsewhere.
Pound fabrics are not to be confused with Poundametre fabrics who are also very cheap but can be quite slow to post. Having said that I've also had some absolute bargains from PaM - good if you are prepared to wait.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Surest1tch

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2022, 23:09:47 PM »
I've used them for some upholstery fabric I wanted to make some heavyweight curtains, I had to ring them to ask how long the pattern repeats were, they were extremely obliging to say the least. The delivery was very quick and the quality was excellent and I will use them again without hesitation when and if I ever get the time or opportunity to get back in my sewing room.

Puzzler

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2022, 07:22:20 AM »
I ordered some sheeting from Pound Fabrics on Saturday and it arrived yesterday. I wasn’t in any great hurry. Will do nicely for toiles which was why I bought it. I washed it at 60 degrees to remove any finish and used fabric softener so it was a little more drapey.

Surest1tch

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2022, 20:00:12 PM »
I ordered some curtain fabric from them last Saturday night, despite a warning of slower delivery due to the back log of orders from the 2 day bank holiday the fabric arrived by courier on Tuesday morning.