Sewalong for the Patchwork Jacket from the Sewing Bee

Ohsewsimple

Re: Sewalong for the Patchwork Jacket from the Sewing Bee
« Reply #180 on: August 13, 2022, 21:30:32 PM »
Great sleuthing @StitchinTime

Iminei

« Reply #181 on: August 14, 2022, 11:26:01 AM »
It is indeed a childs jacket, hence the size as you can see from the pic of Georgina holding it ... I think her daughter is 2 1/2 at present so time to grow into it.

Georgina's Patchwork Jacket
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 11:27:33 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Pearl

« Reply #182 on: August 21, 2022, 07:19:12 AM »
Kate has finished her jacket.

Here

I'm going to be using the same book, but using men's shirts which I am currently collecting.  This week I found one with giraffes on it.  That will definitely be included.

ETA the video has been removed from YouTube.  It may be reposted later.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 08:47:16 AM by Pearl »

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #183 on: August 21, 2022, 08:42:06 AM »
Here

I can’t view the video. Can you do a screen grab and post that instead, please?

I like the sound of the giraffe print shirt. Sounds very cute! 😂

Pearl

« Reply #184 on: August 21, 2022, 08:46:39 AM »
The video seems to have been removed from YouTube, @WildAtlanticWay .  I wonder if it it because Kate usually posts videos on Sunday evening so maybe it will reappear later.

Celia

« Reply #185 on: August 21, 2022, 09:47:19 AM »
I am really interested if you are using mens shirts as the fabric I have that I don’t know what to do with is mens shirting and I did wonder but thought it might be too thin @Pearl   what pattern are you using?

Pearl

« Reply #186 on: August 21, 2022, 14:21:25 PM »
I'm using the pattern for the hanten jacket from 'The Book of Boro' by Susan Briscoe.  It is lined. 

In the video, which I will link to later when it is released (I think it was mistakenly released at 7am, rather than 7pm), Kate makes a reversible jacket made from denim (old jeans) and some fabric from a boro kit she was sent.  I'm thinking of using the men's shirts for one side (inside) and indigo fabric for the other.  I'm planning to do some sashiko stitching on the indigo fabric.  I've even toyed with the idea of doing some indigo dyeing, but that might be a step too far.

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #187 on: August 22, 2022, 08:11:43 AM »
Here

Thanks @Pearl   The video has now been loaded and it’s really worth watching.  :thumb:

Must admit, when she demo’d the lining, I thought it was a wonderful collection of fabrics and would be really lovely as a second jacket, rather than wasted inside the denim one where you’ll hardly see it.

Celia

« Reply #188 on: August 22, 2022, 08:30:56 AM »
Thanks @Pearl that looks interesting, I will watch the video later

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #189 on: August 22, 2022, 11:38:58 AM »
I am planning on making this quilt into a jacket.

It's quite small though so I would need to quilt up some extra stuff for the sleeves.

I have fished out all the leftovers of the fabrics I used but don't know what design to do, I suppose its a chance to play!
Perhaps if I try to have 2 of the main log cabin blocks for each sleeve and then fill in the gaps until I have a sleeve shape.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 11:49:36 AM by SewRuthieSews »

b15erk

« Reply #190 on: August 22, 2022, 13:07:11 PM »
Not sure if this is the right place, but I found this, and thought it may be of interest.

Quilted Scrap Jacket

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

BrendaP

« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2022, 19:49:00 PM »
Not quite a patchwork jacket, but this is currently in Rochester Cathedral down in the crypt.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #192 on: August 27, 2022, 22:17:50 PM »
Not sure whether I like that or not :thinking:

PollyWally

« Reply #193 on: September 02, 2022, 11:24:32 AM »
Threads magazine #219 Fall edition has an article "3 Ways to make a quilted jacket".
Quilted Jacket

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #194 on: September 05, 2022, 17:59:08 PM »
For those who don't like the jacket pattern from the Sewing Bee book, I noticed that the Fold Line have a discount this week which covers a few patterns including

two quilted jackets
Grainline Studio Tamarack Jacket
Hovea Jacket & Coat

and a cute quilted waistcoat
New Craft House Everyday Waistcoat

15% off all the patterns featured on the 4-5th September with the code: SUMMERSOUT (expires at midnight on the 5th).

From the 6-10th September, you can get 10% off all the patterns with the code: AUTUMNISHERE (expires at midnight on the 10th).

I still find them quite expensive even with the discount, but it may be of interest to others here.

https://thefoldline.com/2022/09/04/the-edit-trans-seasonal-sewing/