The Sewing Place

Performance Icon, auto buttonhole question

sewmuchmore

Performance Icon, auto buttonhole question
« on: May 24, 2022, 17:06:06 PM »
Does anyone have this machine? For some reason when i lengthen the button hole it will not go to 19, from 18 the next number is 20 any ideas?
Plus it is supposed to do a lock stitch and cut the thread when the buttonhole is completed but it just stops dead and i have to use the cut thread button.
I am using the auto buttonhole foot. Annoying really, because my QE4 did a lock stitch and cut the threads automatically.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Lachica

Re: Performance Icon, auto buttonhole question
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2022, 18:46:18 PM »
I have the creative 3 so not the same model. If I remember correctly the buttonhole lengths go in mm up to?10? Then 2mm increments after. To get lock stitch & cut you need to go into the menu system & select it. If I were at home I'd talk you through it but I'm still on hols.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

sewmuchmore

Re: Performance Icon, auto buttonhole question
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2022, 09:50:57 AM »
thanks @Lachica The machine goes up in 1 mm steps for the buttonholes and it is automatically programmed for the lock stitch and cut function, you have to override them if you don't want them.
I have watched a couple of YouTube videos and they all show the length going from 18 to 20,21 22 etc. so must just be a thing with this model, plus everyone has touched the cut button at the end of the buttonhole process, so again must the thing to do.
My QE4.2 just used to auto cut the threads at the end and this is what i was expecting. 
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet